Εμφάνιση 1-10 από 10
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΖΑΚΥΝΘΟΣ
    I would like to test the 5G network from Cosmote. However, it is important for me that I get a public IP address because I look after my webcams and other network devices via the Internet. Can someone tell me if this is possible? I also have a 5G router in mind. ZTE MC801A HyperBox 5G WLAN Router WWAN - 2-Port-Switch - 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax - Dual-Band - 220.- Euro

Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    FTTH
    Ταχύτητα
    110000/11000
    ISP
    Cosmote
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΤΕΡΨΙΘΕΑ
    Router
    Fritz!Box 7590
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από austria Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    I would like to test the 5G network from Cosmote.
    Any 5G-enabled phone with a Cosmote sim should suffice to check reception/coverage.

However, it is important for me that I get a public IP address
    You can do so, if you ask Cosmote to enable the use of "vpn-internet" APN.
    Please note that the option above comes with a speed limiter @150/50 mbps,
    and that there is no ipv6 provided.

because I look after my webcams and other network devices via the Internet.
    You could ask for a public ip (accepting the speed restriction mentioned earlier),
    or (if you need the speed) you could setup a zerotier (or similar) network,
    or setup a vpn connection with a provider that provides a public ip (or your own vps).
    There are workarounds for the lack of public ip, do some research.

Can someone tell me if this is possible?
    Generally, yes.

I also have a 5G router in mind. ZTE MC801A
    I have no experience with it, do read around, its a common option.
    Plz note, although huawei/zte can be really good modems/cpes,
    those are devices that target the isp market.
    Typically, there is 0 support for end-users.

Personally, I would go for a mtik, but it won't be 220€,
    and it ain't exactly a soho device, so expect to do some reading to set it up.

edit: a fritzbox could also be a good option if you are looking for an easy to setup device,
    and will be supported for years.
    Still, nowhere near the 200€ mark.
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το μέλος K1m0n : 12-06-23 στις 23:35. Αιτία: info added
    Disclaimer:
    Any views or opinions expressed represent the official view of the voices in my head.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΖΑΚΥΝΘΟΣ
    Thanks a lots K1m0n, is very helpful, i have a VPN with my Fritzbox in Austria, just only 40mb/10mb. In greece i have a Fritzbox 7590 (Router) behind the Ote Hypridrouter DN9245X6-10 with DMZ . I like the same config with a other G5 Router . I have time until next summer (end of contract with Cosmote) ti inform me. I will pay a sim from Cosmote for a Test, you know what is the cheapest option?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    FTTH
    Ταχύτητα
    110000/11000
    ISP
    Cosmote
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΤΕΡΨΙΘΕΑ
    Router
    Fritz!Box 7590
    I like the same config with a other G5 Router
    "same config" means nothing.
    Further elaborate on what what services you need running where and be accessible from where if you need help/advise.

Also, if you are familiar with fritzboxes, a single 5G fritzbox could replace the above combo.

i have a VPN with my Fritzbox in Austria, just only 40mb/10mb
    Don't expect a fritzbox (or any soho device really) to have enough vpn throughput
    to saturate a 5G uplink.
    Depending on the kind of vpn used I would expect something in the ballpark of 50-100Mbits vpn from a fritz.
    If you need something faster you need a proper router.

Hint:
    If you would like to avoid the speed limit imposed when having a public ip on 5G gateway,
    you could try setting up 0-tier, in which case you would want to do it on the gateway itself
    (1 nat layer is ok, >1 not so much...) so you could look for mtik/teltonika or diy open wrt.
    That falls outside of the typical soho network, it's more of network geek or enterprise solution,
    so don't expect things to be magically setup with a wizard.

Or, you could just use a vpn tunnel, assuming that the *other* side (acting like a vpn server) does have a public ip address.

I will pay a sim from Cosmote for a Test, you know what is the cheapest option?
    No, sorry. I suppose the cheapest option would be a friend with a 5G-enabled cosmote phone.
    Otherwise, I don't know, ask @cosmote.

Also, although any 5G phone can certainly be used to check network coverage,
    the network speed/capacity and how it copes with a billion visitors in Zakynthos during high season
    remains to be seen.
    In any case I would expect seriously degraded speed during high season,
    so don't take it as a given that you will have throughput on the Gbit area.
    Disclaimer:
    Any views or opinions expressed represent the official view of the voices in my head.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΖΑΚΥΝΘΟΣ
    Further elaborate on what what services you need running where and be accessible from where if you need help/advise.

I know, for a help you need more info, just at the moment i not need a help for this. thanke you verry much. i come back if i need some help. I have time 1 year and so maybe the Fritzbox will be cheaper :-)- i pay today a sim from cosmote and i see if i have 5G . The speed with VDSL/Hybrid is only 35/5 at the moment, ok sometimes is 60 down, just for me is important the upload, 5mb is not so much....

thank you a lots for you help, and i hope not 1 billons will come :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Yesterday I was in the Germanos Store and a "WhatsUp" with unlimited data (12.-) was recommended to me for a 5 g test. I informed the seller several times that I only need it for 5 G. She said it works for 4G & 5G. But now I have my doubts!
    The speed is sometimes super , but "4G+" is still displayed on my Poco F 2. 5G is enabled in Sim setting. I also get the following information with the "NetMonster" app, please see the attachment. Now I suspect that the seller gave me wrong advice and this sim is not suitable for 5G.
    Πατήστε στην εικόνα για να τη δείτε σε μεγέθυνση. 

Όνομα:  1686719392856.jpg 
Εμφανίσεις:  13 
Μέγεθος:  140,2 KB 
ID: 249037 Πατήστε στην εικόνα για να τη δείτε σε μεγέθυνση. 

Όνομα:  Download.jpg 
Εμφανίσεις:  3 
Μέγεθος:  19,5 KB 
ID: 249038
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το μέλος austria : 14-06-23 στις 08:26.

Περιοχή
    Ιωαννινα
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    VDSL2
    Ταχύτητα
    150000/22000(KV)
    ISP
    Cosmote
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - 28ΗΣ ΟΚΤΩΒΡΙΟΥ
    Router
    Speedport Smart 3
    SNR / Attn
    7(dB) / 12(dB)
    Path Level
    Interleaved

I know, for a help you need more info, just at the moment i not need a help for this. thanke you verry much. i come back if i need some help. I have time 1 year and so maybe the Fritzbox will be cheaper :-)- i pay today a sim from cosmote and i see if i have 5G . The speed with VDSL/Hybrid is only 35/5 at the moment, ok sometimes is 60 down, just for me is important the upload, 5mb is not so much....

thank you a lots for you help, and i hope not 1 billons will come :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Yesterday I was in the Germanos Store and a "WhatsUp" with unlimited data (12.-) was recommended to me for a 5 g test. I informed the seller several times that I only need it for 5 G. She said it works for 4G & 5G. But now I have my doubts!
    The speed is sometimes super , but "4G+" is still displayed on my Poco F 2. 5G is enabled in Sim setting. I also get the following information with the "NetMonster" app, please see the attachment. Now I suspect that the seller gave me wrong advice and this sim is not suitable for 5G.
    Πατήστε στην εικόνα για να τη δείτε σε μεγέθυνση. 

Όνομα:  1686719392856.jpg 
Εμφανίσεις:  13 
Μέγεθος:  140,2 KB 
ID: 249037 Πατήστε στην εικόνα για να τη δείτε σε μεγέθυνση. 

Όνομα:  Download.jpg 
Εμφανίσεις:  3 
Μέγεθος:  19,5 KB 
ID: 249038
    All the Cosmote SIM cards are compatible with 5G.If you know that there's 5G coverage in your area then you should try and call customer service to see if 5G is enabled to this number! If not they're going to do it manually.
    Eπιτελους VDSL

Περιοχή
    Κεφαλλονιά Αργοστόλι
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    ADSL
    Ταχύτητα
    21287 kbps /1020 kbps
    ISP
    Nova
    DSLAM
    Forthnet - ΑΡΓΟΣΤΟΛΙ
    Router
    TP-LINK TD-W9970 V1
    SNR / Attn
    6.2(dB) / 12.0(dB)
    Path Level
    Interleaved
    Text “5G” free of charge to 1333, you will receive response sms inform if device is compatible or not
    5G Map covarage https://www.cosmote.gr/otegroup_comp...G_el_small.jpg
    https://www.cosmote.gr/cs/otegroup/e...iktiou_en.html in speed map to see the expected speeds in your area

Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    FTTH
    Ταχύτητα
    110000/11000
    ISP
    Cosmote
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΤΕΡΨΙΘΕΑ
    Router
    Fritz!Box 7590
    The speed is sometimes super , but "4G+" is still displayed on my Poco F 2.
    All recent cosmote sims are capable of 5G,
    unfortunately, not all 5G phones (and routers...) are marked as compatible/certified, so it's not enabled by default.

Here -> https://www.cosmote.gr/cs/otegroup/e...d_devices.html
    is an (incomplete) list of devices marked as compatible, + all 5G phones/routers sold by Germanos/Cosmote.

If your device *is* compatible the 5G operation will either be enabled automatically,
    or you send an sms "5G" to 1333 and it will be enabled after a reboot.

If your device is *not* compatible (I see no mention of poco F2 on the list),
    you either contact support and you ask them to enable 5G on your sim
    (it is not a given that they will do it, its a policy issue, not a technical one),
    or you find a compatible/certified phone, insert your sim in it, and send an sms to 1333 from that phone.

Either way, after you somehow enable 5G once, the sim will be marked 5G-enabled,
    and from that time on your sim is capable of 5G on whatever device you use it.

The above issue/solution also presents it self when using a new sim with some (non-certified) routers,
    you will have to find a compatible phone to enable 5G usage before using the sim on the router.

PS.
    Please note: the capability to optionally enable the use of "vpn-internet" APN on Cosmote sims
    that provides a public/routable ip I mentioned earlier,
    is valid for the subscribers of cosmote's Gigamax unlimited contract + its extra sims.

We have a relevant thread here:
    https://www.adslgr.com/forum/threads...F%81%CE%B1-sim

Typically, you would make a gigamax unlimited contract for your own phone with unlimited data,
    and get an extra sim (up to 4 I think...) that share the same (also unlimited...) data.
    That extra sim is data/sms only (no voice), and it is that we use on routers/tablets/etc.
    Cost for each extra sim is like 3-4€/month.

It should also be valid for other business-oriented contracts,
    I don't know if it is supported on pre-paid sims (probably not),
    so do your research before committing on a new contract.
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το μέλος K1m0n : 14-06-23 στις 13:55. Αιτία: info added
    Disclaimer:

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΖΑΚΥΝΘΟΣ
    Thanks to all, i will try your tips and see

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΖΑΚΥΝΘΟΣ
    I put the WHATSAPP Sim in a 2nd Xiaomi 5G cell phone and it found the 5G there, then I put the SIM back in my Poco F 2 and since then this one has 5G too :-) https://www.speedtest.net/de/result/a/9348380292

thx for help!