Σελ. 1 από 2 12 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση 1-15 από 21
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,

Yesterday I got my OTENET ADSL username/password, and I am trying to set up my Modem to automatically connect to the internet. Unfortunately, it does not work with the settings I made, so maybe somebody can tell me what I did wrong? I have a T-Com (german telecom) Sinus 154 DSL modem which worked fine back in Munich, and I bought a "ADSL splitter over PSTN" from the OTE shop. So I connected everything, and started to do the modem configuration. There are basically two options which apply in my modem software:

1) PPPoE

This needs a Username (I tried the OTE username with and without the "@otenet.gr" - which one is correct), the password, a "provider name" if provided by the company (not on the documentation I got), a fixed IP if provided (dont have this), a primary and a secondary DNS server (I used 195.170.0.1 and 195.170.2.2 which I googled from this forum's archive site). With these settings the modem does not even succeed in connecting to the DSL (meaning the "DSL" LED does not light up), nor does it tell me that I am online (there is a "online" LED which also does not light up). I remember that these were the settings I used back in Munich with my provider there, and things worked. Is there a trick with the OTENET connection I dont know about? Or do they have some proprietary uplink software I need to use with their modems? For now, I refused to buy a modem from them, since I got one at home - the guy in the shop was not happy.

2) I can also do a "dynamical connection" in my modem, but for this I need:

A hostname
    A Mac-Adress

For DNS there is a choice between "automatic" or primary/secondary DNS. Does anybody know whether I can use this option?

Best, Rene.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    VDSL2
    Ταχύτητα
    95500/10996
    ISP
    Cosmote
    Router
    FritxBox 530
    SNR / Attn
    9.1(dB) / 17(dB)
    Path Level
    Interleaved
    <<(I tried the OTE username with and without the "@otenet.gr" - which one is correct)>>

username@otenet.gr ,thats correct
    Phanteks P600S -Corsair RM850x -MPG X570S EDGE MAX Wifi -Ryzen 5700X -Kingston Fury Renegade 32Gb@3600@cl16 -XFX RX6600 -Samsung 980Pro & 970Evo 2*500gb

Το avatar του μέλους emeliss
    emeliss Guest
    Wait until Monday. Perhaps the connection isn't ready yet. You will also receive a new router.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από nimik Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    <<(I tried the OTE username with and without the "@otenet.gr" - which one is correct)>>
    username@otenet.gr ,thats correct
    Thanks! This can, however, not be the source of the problem, since I tried both possibilities already.

Best, Rene.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    HOL
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΚΡΥΑ ΒΡΥΣΗ
    SNR / Attn
    11.2(dB) / 45.1(dB)
    Path Level
    Interleaved
    Let's start with the DSL LED. I suspect your modem follows the Annex B specification. Since you have a PSTN phone line, you are currently on an Annex A port. As far as I know, you can't ask for an Annex B port if you have a PSTN line here, in Greece.

If you can borrow an Annex A modem from a neighbour or a friend, you can test your dsl connection.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από emeliss Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Wait until Monday. Perhaps the connection isn't ready yet. You will also receive a new router.
    With new router you mean a modem? Is it for free or do I have to pay additionally? Unfortunately the OTE people dont tell you the conditions etc when you make the deal. The guy just told me 63 EURs per 2 months, the sounded fine, so I gave him my data...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    VDSL2
    Ταχύτητα
    51200/5120
    ISP
    Nova
    Router
    VMG8623-T50B & Debian
    The "DSL" LED should light up as soon as your modem is connected, regardless of any settings you have made.

You do not require any proprietary software. Any PPPoA or PPPoE capable modem/router, such as the one you have, can be used.
    - Κάνετε τη δουλειά σας γρήγορα, αξιόπιστα, με ασφάλεια, χωρίς τεχνητούς περιορισμούς και δωρεάν με το Linux.
    - Οι δίσκοι χαλάνε! Σκεφτείτε τα αρχεία σας πριν την πατήσετε. Κάνετε τακτικά backup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Verify that your router uses the correct VPI and VCI parameters.
    You should set up these settings to: VPI=8, VCI=35.
    Μές του τσιγάρου το καπνό
    και του πιοτού τη ζάλη,
    έρχεσαι μές στη σκέψη μου
    και με παιδεύεις πάλι.

Το avatar του μέλους ubuntubu
    ubuntubu Guest
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από enwsitis21 Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Verify that your router uses the correct VPI and VCI parameters.
    You should set up these settings to: VPI=8, VCI=35.

1/32 for DT

http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ueagle/vpivci.html

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από turbo3hp Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Let's start with the DSL LED. I suspect your modem follows the Annex B specification. Since you have a PSTN phone line, you are currently on an Annex A port. As far as I know, you can't ask for an Annex B port if you have a PSTN line here, in Greece.

If you can borrow an Annex A modem from a neighbour or a friend, you can test your dsl connection.
    Exactly.
    Check whether the modem/router you currently have from Germany is Annex B (for ISDN lines).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από turbo3hp Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων

Hello everybody,

Thanks for the helpful comments. It seems that the german modems are all Annex B, and so I should get an additional Annex A modem here! Hope that will end my problems.

Best, Rene.

Το avatar του μέλους emeliss
    emeliss Guest
    Rene, i think you will find the oteshop site useful.

http://oteshop.ote.gr/storefront/-/c...per_offer.html

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από matrix1329 Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    ... and so I should get an additional Annex A modem here! Hope that will end my problems.
    If you ordered Conn-x, OTE will send you one free of charge.
    Confirm this by calling 134 before buying one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από ariadgr Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    If you ordered Conn-x, OTE will send you one free of charge.
    Confirm this by calling 134 before buying one.
    OK, I called them, and they said I can take it from the shop tomorrow. How can I find out whether I got Conn-x? The only thing I know by now is that I bought a package which costs 63 EUR/months, and includes internet (2Mbps) and a landline. Is there any other option with OTE which has the same specifications?

Rene.

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από matrix1329 Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    OK, I called them, and they said I can take it from the shop tomorrow. How can I find out whether I got Conn-x? The only thing I know by now is that I bought a package which costs 63 EUR/months, and includes internet (2Mbps) and a landline. Is there any other option with OTE which has the same specifications?

Rene.
    You got conn-x.

Landline telephony is €15 / month
    Internet 2Mbps (conn-x) is €16,50 / month
    Total: €31,50 / month -> €63 / 2 months

Where did you order the landline & internet from in the first place? By calling 134, or from the OTE shop?
    Because when you buy it from the OTE shop, you get the modem at the same time.
    Note that the wireless router is provided free of charge.
    Anyway, go to your local OTE shop and ask if they can give you a Thomson Speedtouch 585v7.

Σελ. 1 από 2 12 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία

Παρόμοια Θέματα

1. Otenet problem
    Από xodr0c στο φόρουμ COSMΟΤΕ
    Τελευταίο Μήνυμα: 23-09-07, 22:13
  2. emule Otenet problem
    Από nanas στο φόρουμ Ed2k
    Τελευταίο Μήνυμα: 22-09-06, 22:33
  3. Skype and Otenet speed problem?
    Από Akalyptos στο φόρουμ COSMΟΤΕ
    Τελευταίο Μήνυμα: 06-05-06, 10:59
  4. World of WARcraft problem connecting