PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : Help OTE is killing me !!!!!

Nicofromparis
30-11-07, 16:40
Hi everyone,

First sorry for writting in english but my written greek is very poor. I have arrived in wonderfull Greece a few month ago and got phone and internet (conn'x) through OTE. I tried before that the triple play of Vodafone but it never worked.

The story is that I have received the first bill and the amount is 250 Euros !!!!! of course I chose to have the 8Mb connection but my problem is that connection allows me only to dowload at 75Kb ... so as a matter a fact I do not whish to pay the 250 euros (whish includes 17 euros of thelephone communication, the "Pagio", and about the 2 last month of internet conection as well as the 2 upcoming month).

I have talked to about 20 people in Ote including the store I signed in but everyone is telling me that I should speak to someone else, to call this number etc etc...

The guy in ote told me also to pay the amount and that when the technician will come to my house and sees that my internet connection is slower I will be payed back the difference. All my greek friends told me not to pay anything coz I will never get anything back. The problem is that OTE is now telling me that they will cancel my phone line and I don't know what to do !!!

I tried to find a customer service where to write (I'm not talking about 134 or 121 who are people that should work there) but I am unaible to find it. Does anyone have an adresse where I could complain ???

Thanks in advance

secjournalist
30-11-07, 17:17
Welcome to Greece...:evil: Nothing Else

Demonikus
30-11-07, 17:43
you Should not chose OTE The Most Expensive+slow internet Connection Check If There Are Any Private Networks Such As Forthnet Tellas Lannet etc
:down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down:

rubadub
30-11-07, 18:47
Nice one guys, u helped the man very much....Especially Demonicus!!!! We are Greeks and can;t cope with the alternative carriers, waht makes u think they will help someone who speaks english????FFS people!!!

@Nico. I'm not saying that i know everything about OTE, and yes, he is the most expensive carrier. But is also the most reliable and hassle-free carrier.
Anyway, in every OTE bill we pay for the subscription costs (PAGIA) of the next 2 months. Apparently, u have just received your fist bill, which includes (if i remember right) the costs (PAGIA) of the last two months, plus the ones of the next two months, plus the phone usage. Next bill will be lower, cause it will have to do only with 2 months, and not 4.

Your problem is the fact that you have low speed, but there is nothing you can do about it. Advertised speeds are up to 8mb, and not guaranteed. It might get fixed in a while, it could be a full dslam for instance.
I think that if you have low speed with OTE, chances are that you'll have low speeds with all the ather carriers as well. My advise is not to even try to go to another carrier for the reason mentioned above. If low speed continues, then go for a less expensive package..Unfotunately Greece sucks as far as broadband is concerned....But we have sea, sun and good food...:respekt:We don;t need broadband connections (just joking)..

Good luck, i hope i helped a bit.

panoc
30-11-07, 18:52
I suggest log in to "http://my.otenet.gr" using your ote/otenet customer id and password and check your adsl /service status provided by otenet.
you should have an S5 account.

also check your router in order to make sure you are connected at 8192/384.

giorgosts
30-11-07, 19:02
If OTE cannot deliver the promised speed, you can cancel your contract within 30 days of activation. Otherwise you are obliged to pay for a minimum of 6 months after the 1st day of activation. What you are saying is like having gone to a restaurant, eaten and not paid, because the food was not to your liking.

I think with your first bill you are paying for (2+2) 4 months, so there is another phone bill and you can cancel the service.

Your connection speed is not your Internet speed. It is the speed from your premises to the first OTE routing device (DSLAM) You can check your connection speed if you interface to your modem-router.

Of course if there was a mistake and you don't have an S5 account with your ISP (otenet) as said in the previous post, (you can check here (https://my.otenet.gr/otenetselfcare/login_ps.asp?language=english)) you can receive a refund of the amount you have been wrongly charged. This should be credited to your next phone bill.

s80johnny
30-11-07, 19:11
I tried to find a customer service where to write (I'm not talking about 134 or 121 who are people that should work there) but I am unaible to find it. Does anyone have an adresse where I could complain ???

Do try filling the contact form that can be found here (http://english.oteshop.gr/contact.asp?hop=h&home=1). In past I used to have terrible problems with my line and when I started mailing through this form, they always called me back and tried to help. I suggest you to be demanding and show yourself as a very unsatisfied customer, that had worked for me. Explain them the whole story including all details and don't hesitate to write something like "you treat me like a second category user" or something like that. As I said that has already worked for me in past, as in the end I have been personally called by one of the top 5 head technician's of OTE who sent a whole bunch of technicians one day after with a "top urgent" call and called me twice after that to ensure that i was satisfied..

ariadgr
02-12-07, 00:57
Hi everyone,

First sorry for writting in english but my written greek is very poor. I have arrived in wonderfull Greece a few month ago and got phone and internet (conn'x) through OTE. I tried before that the triple play of Vodafone but it never worked.

The story is that I have received the first bill and the amount is 250 Euros !!!!! of course I chose to have the 8Mb connection but my problem is that connection allows me only to dowload at 75Kb ... so as a matter a fact I do not whish to pay the 250 euros (whish includes 17 euros of thelephone communication, the "Pagio", and about the 2 last month of internet conection as well as the 2 upcoming month).

I have talked to about 20 people in Ote including the store I signed in but everyone is telling me that I should speak to someone else, to call this number etc etc...

The guy in ote told me also to pay the amount and that when the technician will come to my house and sees that my internet connection is slower I will be payed back the difference. All my greek friends told me not to pay anything coz I will never get anything back. The problem is that OTE is now telling me that they will cancel my phone line and I don't know what to do !!!

Thanks in advance

Log on to the web interface of your ADSL modem/router using an Internet Browser and give us the following:
Synchronisation Speed
Attenuation
SNR (noise) margin

Which modem are you using?
Is it connected through Ethernet or USB to your PC?

lewton
02-12-07, 11:23
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance

First of all, bienvenu en Grece et en adslgr.com. :welcome:

As for the problems that you face with the "speed" of your line, you should verify that:
1. you are registered as an S5 subscriber on my.otenet.gr. S5 means that you are paying for 8192/384 Kbps.
2. your modem is indeed synchronized at 8192/382 Kbps (look at ariadgr's post).

If the answer to both the above questions is yes, then the only thing you can do is contact OTE and report the problem (maybe one of your greek friends could help you) and pray that they find a solution. Or, you can downgrade your subscription (for instance to 4096 Kbps) in order to at least pay less money.
If the answer to the first question is no, then just contact 1242 and report that you are not registered at the service you are paying for. It should not take them more than a couple of days to change your profile. ;)
If the answer to the second question is no, then probably your line cannot trasnfer data in any better rate, but we will be here to help you decide what to do. :)

I wish you best luck.

Kyaner
19-12-07, 18:39
Download this file ftp://ftp.otenet.gr/FILELIST.gz
To test your speed (this is the ONLY speed test accepted by OTE), if indeed your download speed is way below what is expected (below 30%) then and only then you will be able to contest the quality of your line and get some of your money back.

AssVas
09-01-08, 00:09
You can also try to measure your line with an Online Game Server Scanner such as The All seeing eye
from yahoo which is the most reliable method to check your speed and the ammount of packets your
line can accept/deliver.

Last but not least, please make a screenshot or it never happend lad ;)
There are many posts by people that have too much free time to spare and make fake posts.
With all the respect mate, I told you the best way to check your line. Download the program
from Yahoo, install it and go to Tools - Options and then choose Network. Now click on the Auto
Detect button. This will measure your line speed and packets, make a screenshot here.
Also make a tracert by the following way. Click on start - run - type "cmd" and press return.
now on the black box type the following " tracert www.otenet.gr" and press return .
Now capture again the results with a capturing program and post this ss here too.
We will reply to you with the exact things to do when we see the results.

@ ADSLgr.com All rights reserved.