PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : HOL Double Play Problem

theman4
04-03-08, 17:19
Hi,

Sorry i dont speak greek very well so i will write in english. If anyone can help please do so.

Thanks

I have a double-play connection from HOL. My router synchronizes at around 15Mbps and my i download from rapidshare with a speed of around 1.6MBps (around 13Mbps) which is a good speed i guess. My problem however is with the telephones. I have 2 telephones connected to Phone 1 and Phone 2 on the Netfaster router. They both work fine. Now, i also have a 3rd telephone far away from the router. I plug it into the phone plug but there is no tone what so ever. How do i get this 3rd phone and any other phones which are far away from the router, working?

Thanks again

ariadgr
04-03-08, 17:24
I have a double-play connection from HOL. My router synchronizes at around 15Mbps and my i download from rapidshare with a speed of around 1.6MBps (around 13Mbps) which is a good speed i guess. My problem however is with the telephones. I have 2 telephones connected to Phone 1 and Phone 2 on the Netfaster router. They both work fine. Now, i also have a 3rd telephone far away from the router. I plug it into the phone plug but there is no tone what so ever. How do i get this 3rd phone and any other phones which are far away from the router, working?

http://www.adslgr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170808
http://www.adslgr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139841

theman4
04-03-08, 17:40
Thanks for your reply

I cant seem to be able to find the central phone plug. They all look very similar. Is there a way of finding which one is the central socket?? Or do i need to open them one by one?

ariadgr
04-03-08, 17:45
I cant seem to be able to find the central phone plug. They all look very similar. Is there a way of finding which one is the central socket?? Or do i need to open them one by one?

Τhe central phone plug is usually located closer to the entrance of the apartment, usually in the living room (σαλόνι).

It always has more sets of wires than the other phone plugs.

aa144
04-03-08, 17:48
If you have experience with such work, then open the sockets. Otherwise use the suggested connection method described in the user manual which connects one Phone output from the router with the splitter and then you can use the other thelephone sockets in your apartment utilising a filter like the one supplied with your router.

theman4
04-03-08, 17:56
The user manual suggested that i remove the wire going into the "Line" socket behind the router and moving it to the "Phone 2" . I tried that but it didnt work.

The thing is this. I know we had an ISDN line before moving to HOL. HOL however, have given us a PSTN router. When i called them about an ADSL problem a few days ago they said it doesnt matter and that it should still work fine. Now the router is plugged in following the PSTN section of the user manual. I have completely disconnected the netmod which i had before. Maybe that is the problem? or no?

I will search for the central socket now and see what i can do.

Thanks

aa144
04-03-08, 18:00
If the rest of the sockets were not rewired to accomodate the previous ISDN lines then the connection you tried should work fine, many use this type of connection to be able to utilize all the sockets in the house.

If the sockets were actually rewired to carry both of the IDSN lines around the house then it could be more complicated to make it work if you are not familiar with such things.

@ ADSLgr.com All rights reserved.