PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : Fritz Box Fon 7050

big_desaster
13-08-05, 10:46
Hi,

sorry for writing in english, but my greek is very bad/not existing. I just arrived from germany to Paros. I will stay for a year so i ordered ADSL (OTE 384/128). I brought many Router´s with me with the hope that one of them will work. I got a Modem from OTE (Sagem Fast 800 for PSDN).
My wish would be that the FritzBox Fon 7050 would work. But when i put the cable for the dsl in the fritz box included Modem wont regognize that there is a connection to OTE.

Could anybody help me with my problems?

Could anybody tell me which protokoll is used by OTE for the modem or give me some more informations about the greek internet technique?

greetings

Stephanos

ZORO
13-08-05, 15:51
Well i have the fritzbox and is working fine. Is it posible that your Router is for ISDN line and you have pstn line from OTE? The modem you have from OTE does it working? You are sure that the connection made with the right way?
Welcome to greece.

big_desaster
13-08-05, 17:12
Hi,

the Fritzbox 7050 is for ISDN and for PSDN. It works fine on the PSDN-Line of my girlfriend in germany. The Modem is working fine when im plugging it directly to my computer. The problem is that the Modem have only a USB-Connection and not a RJ45 Connection.
Maybe it's just the cable from the the wall to the Router.
If nobody have aother idea . . . . .?

Greeing Stephanos

sdikr
13-08-05, 17:16
PSDN, you mean Pstn i suppose.

what type of connection you have from ote?

for pstn is annexA (adsl over pstn, adsl over pots)
for isdn is annexB (adsl over isdn)

big_desaster
13-08-05, 17:24
I have the 384/128 line for PSTN of course. And the house is connected with Annex A.
The only think i dont know if the Greek PSTN is the same as the german PSTN.

big_desaster
13-08-05, 17:27
in germany the splitter is connected to the wall and from the splitter on cable is connected to the Router, the other to the phone. Like the splitter i saw for ISDN connection.

sdikr
13-08-05, 17:32
http://www.oteshop.gr/prodiagrafes_usb.pdf

http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_Fon/Technische_Details.html

looking at that it seems that fritz supports the greek standard for adsl pstn

have you tried connecting the fritz directly on the line without any other phone or filters ?

the cable from the line should go to the adsl socket on the back of fritz

can you send us a screenshot of the menu?

big_desaster
13-08-05, 17:51
Sorry, no Screenshot yet, i dont know how to do it - cant read the letters

sdikr
13-08-05, 17:56
You click on απαντηση

You write you message

bellow the text box you will see a button " διαχειριση συ...."
you press on it
then you click αναζητηση you find the file you want and you click ανεβασμα and then Κλεισιμο

tip you can always change the language from the control panel
http://www.adslgr.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

the bottom option γλώσσα του forum

Spyrosss
13-08-05, 18:03
big_disaster

Did someone from OTE told you that your ADSL line is activated?

big_desaster
13-08-05, 18:07
OK, thx for the informations. I think this is the most interesting Screenshot

big_desaster
13-08-05, 18:09
im using my Inernet Connection at the moment. But i want to use the Router because i have
one more Computer and the FritzBox has a Firewall etc...

Spyrosss
13-08-05, 18:45
Look at the bottom of the second screenshot, it clearly states that your modem is in Annex B (ISDN) mode.

big_desaster
13-08-05, 19:23
Look at the bottom of the second screenshot, it clearly states that your modem is in Annex B (ISDN) mode.
I have another Fritzbox here - FritzBox 2030 - this Box is only for PSTN Linies and it has also Annex B on the buttom of the DSL-Information site of the config-site.

Spyrosss
13-08-05, 20:34
Are you sure that your telephone line is PSTN and not ISDN;

big_desaster
13-08-05, 20:53
Yes, im sure that my line is PSTN :-)

Spyrosss
13-08-05, 20:53
Then, why in the second screenshot it says Annex B (ISDN)

big_desaster
13-08-05, 21:35
That's the problem, i just wrote an email to the Support of AVM. I read the whole instruction but there was no hint. This is the Box that my girlfriend used on her PSTN line, so i kow that it is working on PSTN. I think what it's maybe the PSTN Cable. The cable has only 2 wires and i think it should be 4 wires.
If the support will give me an idea, i will post it here. If somebody has an idea what could be wrong . . . .

greetings Stephanos

sdikr
13-08-05, 23:57
perhaps there is some setting on the menu to select what kind of annex it will use

wintech2003
14-08-05, 00:16
big_desaster:

Schaut aus als ob du garn nicht mit OTE verbindet bist.

Bist du sicher dass deine ADSL verbindung von OTE aktiviert wurde?

Normallerweise dauert es ca 10-12 Tage...

Versuch mal das kabel von der telefonleitung direkt auf dem router zu verbinden (port: DSL), ohne splitter ohne nix.

Das DSL led solte nach ein paar sekunden aufleuchten (30-60 sekunden warten).

Wenn wieder nix passiert ist entweder der DSL Anschluss nicht aktiviert worden (99%), oder dein router funktioniert hier in Griechenland nicht (1%).

Und noch was... bei Internet -> DSL Einstellungen solten VPI/VCI 8/35 sein.

sdikr
14-08-05, 00:20
εεερ μόνο μην το κάνετε συνήθειο με τα γερμανικά,

αυτό το μηνυμα θα αυτοκαταστραφει

wintech2003
14-08-05, 01:32
Εσυ αν πήγαινες σε μια ξένη χώρα, δεν θα χαιρόσουν αν κάποιος σε βοηθούσε στην native γλώσσα σου? :D

sdikr
14-08-05, 01:35
φυσικά!
απλά αν το γυρίσετε σε γερμανικά δεν θα μπορούν να βοηθήσουν άλλοι που δεν γνωρίζουν γερμανικά
ενώ με τα αγγλικά κάτι κάνουμε ;)

big_desaster
14-08-05, 01:40
εεερ μόνο μην το κάνετε συνήθειο με τα γερμανικά,

αυτό το μηνυμα θα αυτοκαταστραφει

sorry, but i dont know what you are talking about - my greek is the worst

@ wintech2003

My connection to OTE is working because im writing all this from my home in Paros. I already put the cable from the telephon-line directly to the Router. Nothing happens.

Do you know a good modem that i can use instead of the Modem in the Router?. I think that it should be something else.
I dont know where i can change VPI/VCI 8/35 on the Router.

OK, i took 4 different Routers with me to Greece i hope that one of them will work here.

Maybe somebody can tell me some more technical Details about the greek ADSL Technic. I know that the Protokol of the Modem in Germay was UR2. So i need some more details for example if pppoe is working here.

Thx for all the help i just received.

wintech2003
14-08-05, 01:45
pppoe is working here in Greece.

Hmmm.. wait a minute.. are you connecting your fritz directly to the telephone-line or via ethernet to your sagem 800?

I wouldn't do that, but I would connect the fritz box directly to the telephone-line.

PS. Your telephone line may be active (you can do phone calls), but this doesn't mean that ADSL service is activated also.

When did you order the ADSL service from OTE? As I said before, it takes 1-2 days for the telephone line (for normal phone calls) and 10-12 days for ADSL.

Could you also tell us the 4 models of the routers you have brought so that we could suggest something?

sdikr
14-08-05, 01:50
sorry, but i dont know what you are talking about - my greek is the worst

sorry for that :oops:

Maybe somebody can tell me some more technical Details about the greek ADSL Technic. I know that the Protokol of the Modem in Germay was UR2. So i need some more details for example if pppoe is working here.
UR2 is for isdn lines, not for pstn
the standard here is ITU G.992.1 Annex A and Annex B
which the fritz can support

however, i remember from zyxel modem routers that they have diferent models for adsl over isdn and diferent model for adsl over ur2

perhaps trying to download a new firmware might help
ftp://ftp.avm.de/cardware/fritzbox.fon/firmware/english/fritz.box_fon.en.06.03.62.image

big_desaster
14-08-05, 14:45
Thx for the technical informations.

I have this routers:

Dlink DL-614 Wireless Broadband Router
Arcor Speed-Modem 50Z (Zyxel Prestige 660M-67)
Fritz!Box 2030
FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050
Bintec 1200

I tried to connect my Fritz!Box directly to the phone-line - doesn't work. And i could plug the Fritz!Box to the Sagem Fast 800 because this Modem has no ethernet plug only usb.

Spyrosss
14-08-05, 17:08

I Think that yoy have confused the PSTN with the ISDN/UR-2 techonology.

UR-2 is a subtype of the ISDN technology so propably all you modems are for ISDN lines and are not going to work with a PSTN line.

Arcor Speed-Modem 50Z (Zyxel Prestige 660M-67) is for ISDN/UR-2 lines

Dlink DL-614 Wireless Broadband Router is a broadband router without modem, you need an ADSL modem in front of it in order to synchronize with the TELCO's local DSLAM equipment.

FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050, you've already tested it, it says Annex B (ISDN) and its not going to work.

Fritz!Box 2030,Bintec 1200 propably these modems/routers are also for ISDN/UR-2 line.

So if you want a good router you have to buy a new one for PSTN line or make an application to OTE in order to change the line from PSTN to ISDN. You will have to pay 40€ for this and also the constant rate of an ISDN line is more expensive by 4€ per month. Also another problem is that usually the routers for ISDN lines are different from those for ISDN/UR-2 lines so there is a great possibility that you will not be able to use the ones you have already.

I think that the best thing to do is to buy a new router for a PSTN line.

If you want something cheap but good go for the USR 9105, if you want something with better quality and brand name go for Zyxel 660H-61, if you want something wirelless go for Zyxel 660HW-61.

sdikr
14-08-05, 17:17
If you want something cheap but good go for the USR 9105, if you want something with better quality and brand name go for Zyxel 660H-61, if you want something wirelless go for Zyxel 660HW-61.

I don't agree with the better quality
usr 9105/9106 are kings pricewise ;)

Spyrosss
14-08-05, 17:28
At least zyxels can reconect after an IP change and have SNMP enabled;)

big_desaster
15-08-05, 13:28
Thx for all this informations. I will go to a friend who has ISDN and will try if one of this routers will work.
I will send more informations.

Maybe you can tell me some good modems with ethernet plug?

Thx a lot Stephanos

TearDrop
19-08-05, 13:46
I suggest US Robotics 9105 or 9106 without second thought. The first one is cheaper but the second one has Wireless Connectivity. It depends on what you need. 9105 costs ~59 euro and 9106 ~95 euro. You may have to order from an on-line shop cause I don't know the situation at Paros about stores with computer products.. are there any?

PS. Welcome to Greece, Paros is a great island, hope you'll have a good time there :thumbsup1

big_desaster
20-08-05, 19:05
Thx for the reply.

I think that we have some Computer-Stores here. I bought all this stuff at a Store called Germanos.

Do you know some good online-stores in greece?

Stephanos

big_desaster
22-08-05, 19:43
Hi, its me again.

I just found out, that i can use the Fritz!Box Wlan 7050 in greece, but it has to be connected to a ISDN Line. I brought the Router to a friend of mine who has ISDN and it worked perfectly. You dont need a extra modem or anything else - just the Fritz!Box Wlan 7050.

Thx for everythink

Stephanos

wintech2003
22-08-05, 19:54
Hi, its me again.

I just found out, that i can use the Fritz!Box Wlan 7050 in greece, but it has to be connected to a ISDN Line. I brought the Router to a friend of mine who has ISDN and it worked perfectly. You dont need a extra modem or anything else - just the Fritz!Box Wlan 7050.

Thx for everythink

Stephanos

Yeap that's correct. Spyrosss here (http://www.adslgr.com/forum/showpost.php?p=309784&postcount=13) told you that your Fritz!Box is for ISDN and that it wouldn't work in PSTN.

So now you have to either change your connection to ISDN and let OTE reinstall an ADSL connection again (ADSL over ISDN) or just buy a PSTN modem/router.
I would tell you to go with US Robotics 9106 which has also wifi capabilities.

You can buy it online from www.priveshop.gr

@ ADSLgr.com All rights reserved.