PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : These 'Romans' are crazy!

livadia
14-05-08, 18:04
It is totally unbelievable! It had been a few months since my last login to my hol email. I tried last night and it did not let me in (invalid password, etc), although I could login to all other pages, like MyAccount, eVoice, eMoney, etc.

I gave a call to their customer service. They told me that my email account expired in February (it seems a year after the initial activation) but somehow my eVoice service is still active (I did get a voice message yesterday). What is unbelievable is that they they offered to re-activate the email if I pay 35.70 euros (!!!!) a year for it. They give eVoice for free but they charge for email????

What else we will hear from hol (or from any other greek company, for that matter)?

Now, I am not even sure about the future of the eVoice (free or not). Is there any reliable and inexpensive company that provides greek real phone numbers?

yianniscan
14-05-08, 18:22
Keep in mind e-voice generates revenue for HOL (since local calls cost to the caller, and HOL is taking a percentage of it), whereas email has a cost associated with it.

livadia
14-05-08, 19:42
Keep in mind e-voice generates revenue for HOL (since local calls cost to the caller, and HOL is taking a percentage of it), whereas email has a cost associated with it.

Yes, but eVoice has some value to the user... one or two euros per month could be afforded, I suppose. The email on the other hand has very little value, there are a lot of providers that give somebody an email account for free, to say nothing about their (Hol's) weird-behaving web site.

sdikr
14-05-08, 21:30
I gather from what you said, that you only had an evoice account, this account does not has access to email (you accepted that when you activated your account)

livadia
15-05-08, 06:33
I gather from what you said, that you only had an evoice account, this account does not has access to email (you accepted that when you activated your account)

Well, I do not recall details, but for sure I did have access to email (xxxx@hol.gr). I could get my eVoice messages from there too. Both (eVoice and email) were activated at the same time. As I said, I did not use it that often, I tried to login yesterday in order to get the caller's number, which I could not catch it well in the left message.

Anyhow, for sure I am not going to pay 37 euros for that email service, and to tell the truth, I will be hesitant to deposit any money for my eVoice service, a service that may be discontinued at any time.

livadia
15-05-08, 18:01
Very nice! Now, I cannot login to any of the services. Before I talked to them I could at least enter some services, like eMoney and eVoice settings. Now, nothing!

Strangely enough, the phone (eVoice) is still active. I sent them an email. Let's see whether they respond to it or disconnect my eVoice as well :( :down:

@ ADSLgr.com All rights reserved.