PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : 24Mbit Modem not Connecting

crazyd
23-05-08, 10:24
Hello
I hope somebody can help. Sorry for using English.

My connection was upgraded to 24Mb yesterday but modem will not connect (ADSL light flashing). I have spoken with OTE who say the line is ok and 24Mb is active.

Do I need different modem for 24Mb? The one I have now is Philips CGA5720 and I think this only works up to 8Mb.

I also have Netgear DG834GT.

Maybe I have to change settings in Modem such as VPI/VCI, PPPoE, Encapsulation etc?

Thankyou for any Help

CD

Andrikos
23-05-08, 10:46
Τhe dsl led that is flashing,means that your router can't syncronise with your phone line.
Try to connect your router directly to the phone line without the splitter.

joker20
23-05-08, 10:47
Hi crazyd well if you can provide yourself a new modem through a freind and test your line out i think its the best solution. You could also try connecting your modem without the splitter and check if it synchronizes....
The vpi settings are 8 And vci 35 Encapsulation i use is PPPoA/LLC but OTE prefers ppoe just test both out and see which works better for you...
Hope everything works out for you

idem
23-05-08, 11:23
If your modem can reach only 8Mb downlink it means it is plain ADSL compatible. It should work with no problem as ADSL2+ protocol is backwards compatible with ADSL but try to determine whether your modem is Annex A (POTS) or Annex B (ISDN). Maybe your line is one and the modem the other in which case you need a different modem.

crazyd
24-05-08, 10:13
Hi All

Thanks for the replies. I have tried the Netgear modem as well. Also without splitter and checked the settings. Modem is Annex A as I have POTS line.

I guess I just have to wait for OTE (121) check the line from their end. Phone is ok so I assume it may be something at the DSLAM end.
I am not sure if they have to physically make changes when upgrading from 2Mb to 24Mb but if they do there maybe an error there!?

Once again. thanks for replies.

CD

ariadgr
24-05-08, 13:30
Maybe I have to change settings in Modem such as VPI/VCI, PPPoE, Encapsulation etc?

Try changing from PPPoA to PPPoE.
The Philips modem supports ADSL2+ (24Mbps), so the problem is not there.

@ ADSLgr.com All rights reserved.