PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : No ADSL No ISDN - Piraeus

willawake
27-04-04, 10:51
We are having much fun with OTE at the moment. Application for ADSL failed because the streets near our office (Vas Georgiou/Notara) have optical fibres and ADSL requires copper. Upgrade of PSTN to ISDN - we were advised there is no more availability here even if we apply for a new line.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

nnn
27-04-04, 23:56
with a bit of luck as we close for the Olympic games,O.T.E. will finally aquire the necessary equipment which will provide ADSL over fibre optics network,Intracom has already produced such a device,but the programming of O.T.E. is far from being productive.

be patient my friend.

dream_GR
28-04-04, 02:20
As you can see Piraeus area is considered by the many genious's of OTE as a non-prime-route that obviously, according to their planning and business strategy, has no real telecommunication needs. The vast area of Piraeus all "modernised" 2 years ago with the extra terrestrial fiber optics, is full of businesses that practicaly make their living using modern I.T. systems. This is something OTE can't see and to be honest doesn't give a "shit" about. Mate, I have been trying since October 2003 to get ADSL in Piraeus and I am left with no more patience complaining and writting to all official bodies but to no avail so far.

As "nnn" mentioned Olympics appart from screwing up our daily lifes has screwed up all our chances of getting something before the games are way over. OTE has 4,500 applications for ADSL and 8,000 applications for ISDN. These will all be covered with the equipment that will be made redundant after the Olympics games maybe in September - October 2004.

@ ADSLgr.com All rights reserved.