PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : WAG200G και DYNDNS.org

lechuck
05-01-07, 22:01
Γεια σας παιδια ,

Εχω ενα WAG200g και εχω προβλημα με το dyndns.org. Εχω κανει account κανονικα ,αλλα το wag οταν δινω το user/pass και host μου βγαζει μηνυμα

The host doesn't exist: nohost

Εχω δηλωσει κανονικα A records και CNAMES για το domain μου (www.lechuck.gr και captain.lechuck.gr) αλλα δινοντας οτιδηποτε στο wag μου βγαζει τα ιδια. Δοκιμασα και σκετο lechuck.gr αλλα τιποτα.

Καμμια ιδεα κανεις ; Εχω v1.00.09 firmware. Εχει κανεις ιδεα τι φταιει ;

sdikr
06-01-07, 08:00
Αν δεν κάνω λάθος αυτό δουλεύει μονό για τα dynamic host

lechuck
06-01-07, 09:25
Τι εννοεις dynamic hosts? Dynamic IP εχω στο μηχανημα ..

sdikr
06-01-07, 09:36
έχεις αγοράσει το domain;
εχεις πλήρωσει στο dyndns για το static;

lechuck
06-01-07, 09:41
Ναι καταλαβα τωρα τι εννοεις ... Δοκιμασα με ενα free domain .ath.cx και επαιξε. Αρα δεν παιζει με τα πληρωμενα domains. Στο level1 που ειχα επαιζε αρα ειναι προβλημα του linksys...

Εχει μιλησει κανεις με τη linksys να δουμε αν φτιαχνει καποιος ή σκοπευουν να το φτιαξουν ;

lechuck
06-01-07, 11:04
Συγνωμμη για το μακροσυρτο post αλλα σας δειχνω τη συνομιλια μου με το support για το θεμα με το DynDns. Οσοι διαβασετε θα δειτε οτι με γραψαν κανονικα.. ΘΑ ΘΑ ΘΑ το στειλουν στο product engineering να το λαβουν υποψη τους το οποιο σημαινει καληνυχτα σας... Το βρισκω παντως ξεφτιλα να παιζει μια χαρα σε αλλα router της πλακας και να μην παιζει σε ενα linksys που αν μη τι αλλο κουβαλαει και το ονομα της Cisco

Angeline B. (22726): Hi, my name is Angeline B. (22726). How may I help you?
christos: hello angeline
christos: i am calling regarding a problem with my WAG200G
christos: i am trying to make it work with my customDNS domain in DynDns
Angeline B. (22726): Okay.
christos: though it seems that it works only in dynamic domains like .ath.cx and not for custom registered domains
christos: is there a workaround ?
Angeline B. (22726): Before we proceed, may I have your full name, phone number and location (country)?
christos: sure
christos: Christos Ventouris, +306932424940 , Greece
christos: Serial number is SN600F720683
Angeline B. (22726): Thank you, Christos.
Angeline B. (22726): Let me verify again your concern and please correct me if I'm wrong.
christos: ok
Angeline B. (22726): The problem that you are having now is that you can't use the DynDNS account on the WAG200G. Is that correct?
christos: yes..
christos: and I discovered that it works with dynamic dyndns domains but not for custom domains (the paid service dyndns provides)
christos: the error message I get is : The host doesn't exist: nohost
Angeline B. (22726): Under the DDNS tab on the router, what are your options for DDNS Service?
christos: Selection of DynDns service
christos: username
christos: password
christos: hostname
Angeline B. (22726): Did you already type all the settings from your DDNS servers there?
christos: yes
Angeline B. (22726): Did it work?
christos: as i said
christos: for my custom domain (lechuck.gr) it does not work
christos: when I enter a dynamic domain provided by dyndns for free it works
Angeline B. (22726): I see.
christos: And it is not a DynDns service problem because it works in other routers. I only find the problem in my WAG200G
christos: my firmware is 1.00.09 .. Is there maybe an updated one ?
Angeline B. (22726): Let me verify if our router can support other DDNS service. As you can see it can only support DynDNS and TZO.com.
christos: yes
Angeline B. (22726): Please give me 3-5 minutes to verify your concern.
christos: and I use DynDns
Angeline B. (22726): Please hold on.
christos: ok sorry
Angeline B. (22726): No problem.
Angeline B. (22726): Hello, Christos.
christos: hello again
Angeline B. (22726): Thank you for patiently waiting on the line and I apologize for the long hold time.
christos: no problem
Angeline B. (22726): Where did you purchase the router?
christos: in athens greece... from a local reseller
Angeline B. (22726): Are you using POTS or ISDN line for your DSL connection?
christos: ISDN AnnexB
Angeline B. (22726): In that case you are already using the latest firmware for the WAG200G.
christos: so is it a known issue ?
Angeline B. (22726): No it's not. This is actually the first issue that we have encountered for this router. But again as I've said earlier, our router only supports DynDNS and TZO.com DDNS service.
Angeline B. (22726): And you already said that it work wit DynDNS, so that means that the DDNS is working on the router.
christos: yes it working ONLY for the free domains that dyndns provides and not for the customDNS service of dyndns which is a paid service.
christos: and i want DDNS to work my custom domain that it worked ok for any other router I had.
christos: and linksys does not mention anywhere that it works only for the dynamicDNS service of dyndns
Angeline B. (22726): Are they Linksys routers? What are the model numbers of the router that worked with your customDNS?
christos: but maybe I confuse you ... are you aware of the different types of services dyndns provides ?
christos: no I am talking about other vendor routers...this is my first Linksys router
Angeline B. (22726): What are the DynDNS provides?
christos: there are 2 types of services
christos: the dynamic service which is free
christos: so you can get a free domain like angeline.homeip.net for example
christos: and there is the custom service
christos: which means that you already have purchased a domain name like angeline.com and you want it to work with your dynamic ip connection.
christos: so dyndns gives this customdns paid service where you can give your own domain and dyndns will manage the updates of the IP.
christos: this is the service i have paid for my domain and it does not work in linksys
Angeline B. (22726): Have you already verified that you have the correct settings set on the router?
christos: but if i type a dynamicdns name like vhristos.ath.cx it works fine.. but for my domain www.lechuck.gr itdoes not
christos: yes already done it. as i said earlier it worked for a dynamic domain.
Angeline B. (22726): I already verified your concern with my team leader and since the dynamic DynDNS is working on it, that means that the DDNS service is working on the router.
Angeline B. (22726): We still have to verify your concern with our product engineers if the router supports only the dynamic DDNS service and if it supports custom service. I apologize for the inconvenience.
christos: no it's not working as it should ... it should work with any kind of dyndns type of service which is not... and linksys does not state that it should work only with its dynamic service and not the custom service.
christos: and as i said it works with every other router i had.
christos: this answer is not acceptable.
Angeline B. (22726): I apologize for the inconvenience Christos.
Angeline B. (22726): How long have you been using the router?
Angeline B. (22726): When did you purchase it?
christos: i bought it on January 3rd
Angeline B. (22726): Since this is not a known issue with our router, it could be just a firmware concern.
Angeline B. (22726): We can try re-flashing the firmware of the router and if it still get the same result, we can replace your unit.
christos: already done that :)
Angeline B. (22726): So this is already a 2nd replacement?
christos: no.. i mean i already reflashed the router
christos: and i don't believe a replacement will solve the problem.
christos: i believe it should be worked on the next firmware release... is it possible to escalate it to the next level of support ? Is there a L2 support ?
Angeline B. (22726): I could report this concern to our product engineer so that they could replicate your concern and check if this is a device limitation or a problem on the software.
christos: I would appreciate it if you did that.
christos: please also provide my contact details in case there are any clarifications needed. my email is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Angeline B. (22726): Do you have another alternate email?
christos: my work email
christos: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Angeline B. (22726): Thank you.
christos: is there a case number i will get?
Angeline B. (22726): Please visit our website from time to time to check about any update with the router and on this issue.
Angeline B. (22726): Yes. The case number will be generated after the session ends. It will be delivered to you after 5 minutes on your email.
Angeline B. (22726): If you will not receive an e-mail after five minutes, please log-in again to this chat session and ask the next agent the reference number of this session.

christos: is there a website to track the updates on the case ?
Angeline B. (22726): Just go to linksys.com and check if there is the latest firmware release for the router.
christos: thank you for your time

@ ADSLgr.com All rights reserved.