PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : HOL + VoIP + Fritz!Box7490

MASTERSTEVE
02-10-14, 13:15
Hello Friends!

Sorry for English… But i have a Problem with HOL an my Fritz!Box 7490.
Since yesterday I changed from OTE to HOL. Now I use a ZTE H367N Router from HOL, but I don´t want to use it. I have my own 7490 Fritz!Box.
The Fritz!Box works great only with Internet but if I configure it with both telephone numbers, I get an DNS-Error and I can´t make Telephone calls.
I used fellow configuration:

Can somebody help me please to solved the Problem:worthy:

Regards

Steve

Vitruvian78
02-10-14, 13:44
Is your telephony provided by hellas online on VoIP? If so, you could ask them to have it changed to POTS. HOL used to give out to customers Fritz!Box but at some point, all customers were asked to replace Fritz!Box with routers offered by the parent company, Intracom, and it was announced that Fritz!Box would no longer be compatible with VoIP telephony connections. Some people managed to keep their modems and played with the settings and managed to get the telephony going again. Have you talked to the technical support department? If you are thinking about setting up other VoIP providers via your router, I am not sure whether hol authorizes this...

MASTERSTEVE
02-10-14, 14:20
Hi!

I will call HOL and let you know what they say to me. But also i have problems with the connection. Every hour a disconnection from the line. And if i have a disconnection, so i have no telephone.
With OTE i had no problems.

Steve

aster1x
02-10-14, 17:02
Have you tried an alternative VOIP provider (like freevoipdeal, or any betamax provider) in order to rule out a possible fault in the Fritz, or a Fritz misconfuguration?

MASTERSTEVE
02-10-14, 18:20
Have you tried an alternative VOIP provider (like freevoipdeal, or any betamax provider) in order to rule out a possible fault in the Fritz, or a Fritz misconfuguration?

Hello aster1x,

yes i tried "DUS.NET" and "SIPGATE" and it works fine. Only VoIP1 and VoIP2 was blocked.
By the way... How can i connect an VoIP-Telephone to the ZTE-Router? For example GIGASET IP with ZTE von VoIP1?
With Fritz!Box it was no problem.

Thanks

Steve

- - - Updated - - -

Hi @ all!

I talked with HOL. It was not possible to switch me on an POTS Line because they haven´t got a free Port. And i must use the ZTE-Router to have telephone. It works only with the HOL-Firmware.
I can´t believe it!

Regards,

Steve

gcf
02-10-14, 18:55
Υου can still configure your fritz to use the ZTE to get an external ip and also plug the fritz phone input cable to the ZTE's phone out port.

MASTERSTEVE
02-10-14, 21:27
Υου can still configure your fritz to use the ZTE to get an external ip and also plug the fritz phone input cable to the ZTE's phone out port.

Hi gcf!

I will try it and report if its work!

Regards,

Steve

Vitruvian78
02-10-14, 23:54
I did not know that ZTE was also a VoIP router!! I thought it was only given to POTS connections.....is this a new development?

MASTERSTEVE
03-10-14, 14:34
Hi Vitruvian78!

I don´t know but it is true. The Router has two Ports on the Backside VoIP1 und VoIP2.

- - - Updated - - -

Know somebody how i can configure the ZTE to use it in "Bridge-Mode". I want use the Fritzbox for the Internetconnection and the ZTE-Router used the Internetconnection for example with LAN1.
So i can use my Fritz!Box and the ZTE have got the 2 Ports with VoIP. Than i connect the 2 Ports with my Fritz!Box.

Regards,

Steve

aster1x
04-10-14, 12:50
HOL is using VOIP telephony for the Office line of services where they offer more than one concurrent telephone connections. Sometimes when they do not have POT ports available for a consumer request, they use this router (it is not the 108N) even for the consumer services in order not to loose the customer. I am sure when more customers requests will be fullfilled (or other collocation problems with OTE are resolved), then HOL will upgrade their DSLAM infrastructure to POT technology and will ask their existing VOIP non-professional customers to switch to the POT services.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Vitruvian78!

I don´t know but it is true. The Router has two Ports on the Backside VoIP1 und VoIP2.

- - - Updated - - -

Know somebody how i can configure the ZTE to use it in "Bridge-Mode". I want use the Fritzbox for the Internetconnection and the ZTE-Router used the Internetconnection for example with LAN1.
So i can use my Fritz!Box and the ZTE have got the 2 Ports with VoIP. Than i connect the 2 Ports with my Fritz!Box.

Regards,

Steve

Leave the ZTE as it is. Configure the Fritz to use an existing Internet connection (i.e. the fritz will NOT establish the internet connection). Make sure that you set a static IP to the Fritz which is not in the DHCP pool range defined in the ZTE. If the ZTE defines a DHCP pool immediately next to the ZTE IP (they usually do this, the gateway ZTE takes the IP 192.168.1.1 and the DHCP pool is defined to 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.254. Change the first IP of the DHCP pool to something like 192.168.1.20 (i.e. leave about 19 IPs available for static assignments or whateverelse you like)).

In this way the LAN1 port of the Fritz becomes a WAN port. So you connect the Fritz LAN1 port to any ethernet port of the ZTE and the Fritz has access to the Internet. Then you configure you voip settings in the Fritz. In this way the ZTE does not understand anything about the VOIP traffic from the Fritz.

With such a configuration you can have 2 VOIP connections serviced from the ZTE and HOL and another 2 VOIP connections serviced through the Fritz and the VOIP provider of your choise.

The only disadvantage of such configuration is that the routing is primarily done from the ZTE and therefore there is no QoS of traffic between VOIP packets originating from the Fritz and other internet packets. The QoS functionality of the Fritzes in general is very good ( I do not know if it is better than the ZTE or if the QoS is even compatible with the QoS VOIP packet labelling of the Fritz).

If you want to have the QoS of the Fritz active in your setup and also be the only router responsible for the whole LAN, then you must configure the ZTE as a modem only functionality (if it supports such thing) by enabling the bridging mode in the ZTE. Then you connect the LAN1 of the Fritz to the WAN port of the ZTE (if it does not have a dedicated WAN port then possibly any LAN port may work) and configure the Fritz to establish its own Internet connection, (i.e. get its own WAN internet IP) and do all the routing as the Fritz is now the gateway. Carefull because the your gateway IP for the rest of the LAN is the IP of the Fritz, not the IP of the ZTE. If you want to keep a uniformity with other typical networks, set the ZTE to IP 192.168.1.2 and set the Fritz IP to 192.168.1.1. In this way you will not have to change any gateway to any other computer in the LAN.

I hope the above will help you.

@ ADSLgr.com All rights reserved.