PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : Questions about CableTV

unobtrusive
22-03-07, 14:15
Hi and sorry for writing in English.

I have a few questions about Vivodi CableTV, which I can't seem to get answers to from Vivodi themselves.

1. Has anybody here got connected yet? Did the process take more or less than the 30 working days that Vivodi says it will take?

2. What (real) download speed does the service reach?

3. Is the upstream speed 512k or 1024k? (I have seen differing reports)

4. Do you get access to the router to do e.g port forwarding, QoS, etc?

5. Can I configure the second VoIP port on the router for a non Vivodi SIP service?

6. Does the telephony service support calls to numbers beginning 800, 801, and 807?

7. Is Caller ID sent on calls to mobile networks?

8. Is there any site that has a definitive list of the TV channels and Video on Demand services that the service offers now, or that may be offered in future? (e.g Ant1, Mega, NOVA channels, etc)?

Sorry for so many questions, if any of them have already been answered or are currently discussed in other threads, then please show me where...

Thanks!

Acer
22-03-07, 14:37
Hi and sorry for writing in English.

I have a few questions about Vivodi CableTV, which I can't seem to get answers to from Vivodi themselves.

1. Has anybody here got connected yet? Did the process take more or less than the 30 working days that Vivodi says it will take?

2. What (real) download speed does the service reach?

3. Is the upstream speed 512k or 1024k? (I have seen differing reports)

4. Do you get access to the router to do e.g port forwarding, QoS, etc?

5. Can I configure the second VoIP port on the router for a non Vivodi SIP service?

6. Does the telephony service support calls to numbers beginning 800, 801, and 807?

7. Is Caller ID sent on calls to mobile networks?

8. Is there any site that has a definitive list of the TV channels and Video on Demand services that the service offers now, or that may be offered in future? (e.g Ant1, Mega, NOVA channels, etc)?

Sorry for so many questions, if any of them have already been answered or are currently discussed in other threads, then please show me where...

Thanks!

Welcome to THE Forum (and there's no need to apologise :) )

1. First ones are expected from tomorrow Friday 23/03/07. Around 30 working days (or even less) for the existing full-llu Vivodi customers, over 30 days for all others.

2. It can reach up to 20 mbits ... (some lucky customers will reach/enjoy that)

3. Upstream is 1024k (as far as I know of).

4. Yes you do (according to Vivodi's Tech dept.)

5. Most likely you won't be able to (but doublecheck this issue with the Tech dept.)

6. Yes it does.

7. Yes it is.

8. Currently the following 10 channels are being offered with more to be added in the near future (Euronews, France24, DW-TV, ΤVE International, Al Jazeera International, Discovery Science, Discovery Civilisation, Discovery Travel & Living, Fashion TV, Blue Hustler).

:)

unobtrusive
22-03-07, 15:19
Thanks for the answers!

Hopefully somebody will report about their actual speeds tomorrow.

Acer
22-03-07, 15:36
Thanks for the answers! Hopefully somebody will report about their actual speeds tomorrow.
you're very welcome (and fingers crossed) ;)

@ ADSLgr.com All rights reserved.