PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : Cosmote DSL with Speedport entry2i keeps disconnecting

lowellkitchen
28-02-17, 14:16
hi,

I am on Paros renting a villa that has a DSL line from Cosmote. I have a speedport entry2i modem and the DSL line is constantly turning off and on all day. I checked the logs and it looks like every few minutes, the ip address will change and it will take several minutes (sometimes hours) to reconnect. Can anything be done to fix this?

stereo
01-03-17, 02:29
hi,

I am on Paros renting a villa that has a DSL line from Cosmote. I have a speedport entry2i modem and the DSL line is constantly turning off and on all day. I checked the logs and it looks like every few minutes, the ip address will change and it will take several minutes (sometimes hours) to reconnect. Can anything be done to fix this?

Welcome to Greece! The country where superfast internet is... just a dream!

Before you continue, make sure that everything is connected correctly. If you have a PSTN line, your Speedport should be connected to the telephone outlet with a cable that is not more than 2 meters. Make sure that the cable isn't damaged. If you want to use an analog phone at the same outlet, use your DSL splitter. Connect the "Line" input to the wall, and then your phone and modem to the labeled outputs. If you use any additional phones to other outlets always use DSL filters between the phone and the wall. If you use COSMOTE's voip telephony just connect your Speedport to the wall and then your analog phone to one of the "Phone" ports at the back of the router. No splitters or filters are needed.

If this is all done and the issue persists, follow the steps below:

Step 1
Call 13888, preferably from your COSMOTE landline to avoid any charges.

Step 2
Wait a couple secs till you hear "For english press 9". Press 9 and then follow the instructions to get support for your DSL connection.

Step 3
Put your phone on speaker, drink your coffee or read your book, this could take some time. Don't worry, eventually they will answer!

Step 4
Tell the support guy about your problem and wait till he checks your line. :whistle:

Step 5
When he comes back he will tell you that your issue will soon be resolved! Yay :clap:

Step 6
After some time your modem may connect again. Check your speed, your DSL synchronization is now lower. If you are lucky, this will fix your issue and you will encounter fewer or zero disconnections (You have to be very very lucky for that last one :p)

If you still have the same issue, well, you are screwed! Repeat the above steps but just be more angry with the support guy. They will probably want to lower your speed even more in order to get a stable connection. If the issue persists they may take it more seriously and see if there is any serious problem with the DSL wire from the DSLAM to your building. This could help fixing your problem. If still not fixed repeat the above steps again and again.

Hopefully, you will have this resolved sometime in the future...

Untill then, enjoy your superfast internet by Greece's leading ISP! COSMOTE, our world is you! (https://www.cosmote.gr/fixed/en/cosmote-home-double-play/internet-at-home/cosmote-vdsl?lastLayoutId=8) :wall:

babis3g
01-03-17, 15:11
In cases like this (especially in this country where most telephone wires are old in many cases, or due to the extra humidity that effecting the houses & so the cables) the first think you can do, is to check your internal wiring ...

if you have too many phone sockets just find the first one coming into the building (from telephone pole) & disconnected all other extensions, then connect the modem there with out filter & with out phone (connect just the modem & leave it for few hours or until it will make issue) ...
If still issue there, then diffidently is from isp ... so call the support & explain them the trouble shots you done

If the internet is ok (no disconnections) then is your wiring & isp does not really helps in this case, because its responsibility is up to first (main) socket into the house ... you will need a good electrician

If you know to do it by your self, a good article is here
https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/isolation_test

But is a must to check your home wiring first to make sure everything is ok at your end

pankostas
02-03-17, 17:20
Μπράβο ρε μάγκες! Με εκπλήσσετε με τα αγγλικά σας!
Μην παρεξηγηθειτε δεν κοροϊδεύω.
Ειδικά ο Babis με έχει βοηθήσει αρκετές φορές εδώ μέσα!

@ ADSLgr.com All rights reserved.