Εμφάνιση 1-15 από 15
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΖΑΚΥΝΘΟΣ
    Hello, I have a VDSL 50/5 line. The DSLAM is about 900 meters away. This information is from the technician and my Fritzbox 7590. Unfortunately, I only get a speed of about 27Mbs down and 3.2 up. OTE says that this is not different with my removal. However, I already had 34down and 5 up, earlier this year. For 3 weeks I have so many disconnections, every 2-5 minutes and the technicians find no cause. Now I have bought a new cable and connected directly to the OTE column, the same problem, !! Can someone tell me what the problem could be? I send some Screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 'FRITZ!Box 7590'-17.10.18.-17.30-Uhr.jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    OTEnet
    I could be wrong but 900m is a considerable distance for VDSL and definitely an issue for 50/5

There is another thread here ( in greek mostly though ) with similar issues if you like to check

forumsandmore.com - forum setup, script installation and web design

Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    FTTH
    Ταχύτητα
    1000/100
    ISP
    Cosmote
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΔΑΦΝΗ
    Your modem reports way too high line attenuation (28 dB?) but it does report around 935 meters of cable run?
    Can you plug the modem they gave you and send a screenshot again? (Assuming that they gave you one).
    Also, are you on a troubleshooting profile? The max sync speed reported by your DSLAM is 30/4, which is odd?

For 900 meters, your sync speed is reasonable. I've seen 35 to 37 Mbps on a line that is 700 meters away.
    Please keep in mind that crosstalk plays a role too.
    I don't understand german but i'm guessing that the Seamless Rate Adaptation and the G.INP are off? Why is that?

SRA helps your line remain connected by dropping its link speed dynamically, when the SNRM drops below a threshold.
    Theoretically it should increase its link speed again when the SNRM increases again, but i wouldn't bet on that based on personal experience.

I'm not sure if G.INP is supported and enabled on their end, but it doesn't hurt to try it on your modem.

A disconnection can be triggered by anything. It can be caused by an elevator shaft, by a city light or by an amateur broadcaster on AM radio.
    Fun fact, i had a couple of disconnections in the past each week because a neighbour decided that it's alright to broadcast his radio station on AM. That resulted in disconnecting every line in the vicinity when he fired up his AM Transmitter.
    Luckily he didn't change his frequency each time, so when he fired it up, my dsl would drop only once and not constantly.
    I'm pretty sure you can find many crazy stories online.

Your case doesn't seem so simple though. Have the technicians inspected the incident at the time when it happens?
    They might get a clue if they plug their device on the line and wait a couple of minutes, if the disconnections happen that frequently as you say.

Have a read at these articles and good luck.
    https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/knowled...rein-and-shine
    https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/rein.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΖΑΚΥΝΘΟΣ
    Thanks for the tips and left NinjaMiltos & nickpar, I will of course visit them. Here is a screenshot of the OTE router. At the moment, the interruptions are gone, the Fritzbox router & Internet works since yesterday without Unterberchungen.

Why G.INP is off, I can not say, it's not my decision, this is from OTE? I see no way to change this.

The technicians checked OTE boxes, but nothing was found why these are strong CRC errors. The technician said he will call me but no call. Attached also a screenshot of today from my Fritzbox 7590 in English. thx for your help !!
    Πατήστε στην εικόνα για να τη δείτε σε μεγέθυνση. 

Όνομα:  FireShot Pro Screen Capture #015 - 'Speedport Entry 2i' - 19.10.2018-08.38.jpg 
Εμφανίσεις:  92 
Μέγεθος:  83,3 KB 
ID: 198086 Πατήστε στην εικόνα για να τη δείτε σε μεγέθυνση. 

Όνομα:  'FRITZ!Box 7590'-20.10.18.-10.50-Uhr-english.jpg 
Εμφανίσεις:  59 
Μέγεθος:  54,4 KB 
ID: 198087

Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    FTTH
    Ταχύτητα
    1000/100
    ISP
    Cosmote
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΔΑΦΝΗ
    Thank you for the screenshots.
    You won't be going any faster with an attenuation of ~20 dB.

Also, the Fritzbox seems to calculate the attenuation differently or at least it reports a different value but anyway, it doesn't matter for now.

There are no toggles for the SRA and the G.INP? I did read the manual regarding the device and i don't see any toggles whatsoever.

You could try the modem they gave you for a few days if the problem persists.
    You can verify that SRA is on by going to Internet > WAN > DSL Modulation Parameters.

Does your device also show a spectrum of your line?
    If yes, take a screenshot right after a reboot and another one when it disconnects and reconnects back.
    If you compare them and you see a gap in the spectrum somewhere, you've probably found your cause.

It also might be helpful if you show it to a technician.

Περιοχή
    Πάτρα
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    VDSL2
    Ταχύτητα
    49998/4999
    ISP
    COSMOTE
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΣΚΑΓΙΟΠΟΥΛΕΙΟ
    Router
    HA35
    Path Level
    Fastpath
    As others have already said, xdsl speed and stability is matter of many things, cable distance, crosstalk, device that interfere because of emitting electromagnetic fields, etc.

Since you mention "OTE column" i imagine that your area has aerial landline cables which makes things even worse as they act as huge antennas and are very prone to any interference.

CRC errors are normal on lines that are stretched to their limits like yours.

If you find that ote router is more stable than yours fritzbox, you can always use it as modem only and your fritz for the rest.

I would not deactivate SRA on any modem/router on your line, since its main job is to reduce speed when crc/snr catch the critical point where otherwise modem your disconnect.

You can try disabling it but you will probably have more crc errors and/or disconnections.

Also if you have the old speedport entry 2i or speedport 724 you can call OTE and ask for a replacement with the new speedport plus. I and many others found that "plus" cause of its broadcom chipset is much more stable on difficult lines than the 2 old ones. The down side is that currently its firmware does not support any firewall and qos settings.

In my setup i use the plus as modem and my asus n17u as router and the line has day to night differences in stability and crc errors comparing with the asus alone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΖΑΚΥΝΘΟΣ
    Thanks NinjaMiltos, I will address the issue of SRA with the technician on his next visit.

If the intercepts come back, I will test the OTE router for a few days.

It will display a Spectrum, I have already made a screenshot, as you have recommended.

At the next interruption, I will also take a screenshot.

And once a technician is in the house, also discuss this screnshot.

Thanks for your help!!! Πατήστε στην εικόνα για να τη δείτε σε μεγέθυνση. 

Όνομα:  'FRITZ!Box 7590'-Spectrum-after-new start-20.10.18.-12.35-Uhr-english.jpg 
Εμφανίσεις:  33 
Μέγεθος:  86,1 KB 
ID: 198093

- - - Updated - - -

Hello panoc,

"i imagine that your area has aerial landline cables" yes this is correct, the column now 2 years about, this problem i have about 2-3 weeks now, before works, only with the speed i have this problem.

I can not activate / deactivate the SRA in the OTE rout and not in the Fritz box. Where can I activate the SRA, directly from OTE?

My router from OTE is the "Speedport Entry 2i"

On beginning of february 2018 I had download 34000Mbps and uploads about 4900Mbps Πατήστε στην εικόνα για να τη δείτε σε μεγέθυνση. 

Όνομα:  7016581938.png 
Εμφανίσεις:  2 
Μέγεθος:  20,5 KB 
ID: 198095

and this is now: Πατήστε στην εικόνα για να τη δείτε σε μεγέθυνση. 

Όνομα:  7732591090.png 
Εμφανίσεις:  2 
Μέγεθος:  19,4 KB 
ID: 198096

See screenshot of this time, I noticed that the DSL max. Down / upload at that time was much higher. Πατήστε στην εικόνα για να τη δείτε σε μεγέθυνση. 

Όνομα:  FireShot Capture 139 - FRITZ!Box 7590 - http___192.168.0.125_#.jpg 
Εμφανίσεις:  32 
Μέγεθος:  166,8 KB 
ID: 198094

greetings from zakynthos

Περιοχή
    Πάτρα
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    VDSL2
    Ταχύτητα
    49998/4999
    ISP
    COSMOTE
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΣΚΑΓΙΟΠΟΥΛΕΙΟ
    Router
    HA35
    Path Level
    Fastpath
    You can tonggle SRA at the following menu of the entry 2i firmware.
    Internet-> WAN (select DSL Tab) -> DSL Modulation Parameters -> SRA (it has a check box). In that menu there is also the option to enable/disable G.INP
    Leave bitswap, SOS and vectoring enabled.

All these option won't make any noticable changes to speed, they are focused in stability.

As i told you try for a few days the speedport, to test firstly the line stability, and then either keep it or keep it as modem only and connect your fritz on it for routing. or in order to gain some ask OTE to replace your entry 2i with the new one speedport plus. But as i mentioned before, cause plus does not has any firewall or qos menu (currently), it might be best to use it as modem and connect your fritz on it for routing.

Speed degration is unfortunately most times normal. As more users upgrade their lines with vdsl or even worse as users continue to use adsl (adsl does not support vectoring which is designed to remove crosstalk), crosstalk makes its lob and speeds go down.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΖΑΚΥΝΘΟΣ
    Thanks Panoc, I have found your settings and also tested with the OTE router.
    Currently, the network is stable, no more interruptions (only 1 CRC) :-) I will note the tips as soon as the interruptions come again.
    Also I will talk with OTE about exchange of the router, thanks for the hint !!

I think that only 3-4 have VDSL in this area, all others (about 15-20 houses) have ADSL.

I just can not understand why the interruptions come and go. It should come in the next few days rain in Zakynthos, possibly it is related to the rain? Can be that the 900 meters cable was damaged, by hunters, olive harvest etc.
    The cables go between the olive trees.

Thanks for your help!!Πατήστε στην εικόνα για να τη δείτε σε μεγέθυνση. 

Όνομα:  'FRITZ!Box 7590'-21.10.18.-13.15-Uhr-english.jpg 
Εμφανίσεις:  21 
Μέγεθος:  91,8 KB 
ID: 198119

Περιοχή
    Πάτρα
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    VDSL2
    Ταχύτητα
    49998/4999
    ISP
    COSMOTE
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΣΚΑΓΙΟΠΟΥΛΕΙΟ
    Router
    HA35
    Path Level
    Fastpath
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από austria Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    I just can not understand why the interruptions come and go. It should come in the next few days rain in Zakynthos, possibly it is related to the rain? Can be that the 900 meters cable was damaged, by hunters, olive harvest etc.
    The cables go between the olive trees.
    If the problems become intense when the weather is rainy and/or when humidity is at high levels, well yes, there is a good change for a damaged cable.
    In aerial landline cables the most common problem is moisture in the boxes on the ote columns. Also with bad wheather and storms, there is more static electricity in the atmosphere and more electromagetic interference from thunders, lightings and the charged clouds that produce these phenomena.

I don't think you have 900 meters of aerial cable, most likely the last 50-200 meters are aerial the rest is underground. If you follow your cable from column to column you will ultimately find a column with a thick (probably black) cable going to ground. This is where your cable comes up from dslam/cabin and becomes aerial.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΖΑΚΥΝΘΟΣ
    Hi Panoc, yes this is true about 900 meters aerial cable i am outside from a city :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΖΑΚΥΝΘΟΣ
    Hello back in Greece :-) and back with my VDSL interruptions :-( - The interruptions are every 2-40 minutes, for example, start at 6 am and last until the evening.
    Since I do not have a phone to contact support, I always have to ask a neighbor to call 13888.

The OTE support is very helpful and friendly, as Telekom Austria could learn a lot :-)

On my last call, the Suppert has offered me to give 2 sim cards, 1x to make calls and 1x only for the Internet.
    They sent me on my mobile phone 3 SMS which contained a code, all with the same wording.

I went to the OTE Zakynthos and showed them the SMS, they said it is only 1 SIM card for Internet. The 3 SMS would be the same.
    However, they did not have this sim, as soon as it is available I will be informed.

My question is now, has anyone ever received such an offer?
    Since it is a pure data Sim, I can then call on my landline (VOIP)?
    For example, if a failure of my VDSL line to dial the number 13888?

I was also informed that there is a toll-free number 13788, which I can call with my mobile phone, but only from the Cosmote network and that's why I get the 2nd Sim for free.
    Only OTE Zakynthos could not give me a second free sim card.

Of course it can also be that I have misunderstood something.
    As soon as I have a problem again, I can ask for more details :-)

Thank you for your help!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    VDSL2
    Ταχύτητα
    102400/10240
    ISP
    Cosmote
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΠΕΡΙΣΤΕΡΙ
    Router
    ZTE H1600
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από austria Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    I was also informed that there is a toll-free number 13788, which I can call with my mobile phone, but only from the Cosmote network and that's why I get the 2nd Sim for free.
    Υοu can call Cosmote Support on 13788 for free from any telephone network in Greece!
    https://www.newsbomb.gr/oikonomia/st...xon-tilefonias

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΖΑΚΥΝΘΟΣ
    thank you zatast for the link, so i can call for free the 13788 from my mobilphone (Wind) and also from my Austrian A1-Telekom when i am in Greece (Roaming)? The support say no, i need a cosmote card ok, i will try next time.
    About waiting time 5 min.: Last time i must wait for OTE HelpLine 26950xxxxx 25 Min nothing with 5 min. just this is not a problem for me, if is free :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    VDSL2
    Ταχύτητα
    102400/10240
    ISP
    Cosmote
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΠΕΡΙΣΤΕΡΙ
    Router
    ZTE H1600
    Its free for sure if you call from any Greek mobile or landline number but its not if you call from Austrian Telecom.
    Call Waiting is a real issue unfortunately.You can complain when they answer the call.

Παρόμοια Θέματα

1. Μηνύματα: 6028
    Τελευταίο Μήνυμα: 21-04-24, 14:08
  2. LAN speed low
    Από nitro912gr στο φόρουμ Λοιπές Τεχνολογίες
    Τελευταίο Μήνυμα: 26-08-18, 12:23
  3. RAM-ΧMP-SPD Speed/Tested Speed
    Από sweet dreams στο φόρουμ Motherboards, CPU και memory
    Τελευταίο Μήνυμα: 18-12-17, 18:15
  4. Elastix + Vodafone Call Disconnection Problem.
    Από mondeo στο φόρουμ Voice over IP (VoIP) Software
    Τελευταίο Μήνυμα: 27-11-17, 02:18

Tags για αυτό το Θέμα