Εμφάνιση 1-5 από 5
    Question
    Ya sos,
    Μόλις μετακόμισα από τον Αγ. Παρασκευή προς Ζωγράφου (Semelis 5), και προηγουμένως έβλεπα αυτό το φόρουμ για συμβουλές σχετικά με το γιατί η σύνδεσή μου στο Διαδίκτυο μερικές φορές ήταν εκτός λειτουργίας. Τώρα επέστρεψα και αναρωτιέμαι:
    τι προκαλεί την αργή σύνδεσή μου; Ο ιδιοκτήτης μου λέει ότι έχω 24mbps αλλά παίρνω μόνο 1,5mbps και μερικές φορές δεν φορτώνουν ιστοσελίδες. Ξέρω ότι έχω Vodafone, πρώην Cyta. Ο δρομολογητής μου είναι ο ZTE ZXHN H267N V1.0 V1.0.0_VDF.1T4. Από αυτούς τους αριθμούς, υπάρχει κάτι που μπορώ να κάνω στο διαμέρισμά μου για να βελτιώσω το Διαδίκτυο; Ή θα είναι αυτό το θέμα να καλέσετε τη Vodafone και να παραπονεθείτε έως ότου κάποιος μπορεί να βγει στο πλησιέστερο γραφείο; Οποιαδήποτε βοήθεια ή συμβουλή εκτιμάται πολύ.
    Πατήστε στην εικόνα για να τη δείτε σε μεγέθυνση. 

Όνομα:  router stats.PNG 
Εμφανίσεις:  31 
Μέγεθος:  21,2 KB 
ID: 223375

Hello,
    I have just moved from Ag. Paraskevi to Zografou (Semelis 5) , and I was previously viewing this forum for advice on why my internet connection was sometimes down. Now I am back and wondering:
    what is causing my slow connection? My landlord says that I have 24mbps but I am only getting 1.5mbps and sometimes webpages won't load. I know that I have Vodafone, formerly Cyta. My router is the ZTE ZXHN H267N V1.0 V1.0.0_VDF.1T4. From these numbers, is there anything I can do inside my apartment to improve the internet? Or will this be an issue of calling Vodafone and complaining until someone can come out to the closest cabinet? Any help or advice is much appreciated. Sorry that I don't speak much Greek, only got here in October.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    FTTH
    Ταχύτητα
    110000/11000
    ISP
    Cosmote
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΤΕΡΨΙΘΕΑ
    Router
    Fritz!Box 7590
    Many things *could* cause problems, the usual culprit is the cabling.
    Initially, Inside the apartment, the best thing to do is check the circuit/cabling/plugs/splitters/filters/etc.
    After that you check the cabling from the junction box to your apartment.
    You try to determine if its an issue with the building's cabling, or its an upstream issue.
    A good 1st step would be to test with the cpe directly connected to the phone junction box,
    thus bypassing the rest of the cabling.
    If its ok there you have cabling issues inside the building, and that's not the provider's responsibility,
    in which case its either DIY time, or you ask the help of a technician.
    There are relevant threads in the forum, do a search.
    After you make sure that your part of the network is ok if the problem persists you contact the isp and complain for speed issues.
    Then its up to the isp.
    Disclaimer:
    Any views or opinions expressed represent the official view of the voices in my head.

Thank you very much for the advice!

Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από K1m0n Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    A good 1st step would be to test with the cpe directly connected to the phone junction box,
    thus bypassing the rest of the cabling.
    I just want to clarify, when you say phone junction box, you mean the phone junction box inside of the building? Not the local cabinet/DSLAM, correct? Also I'm not sure what cpe means, do you mean connecting the router straight into the box and testing the internet speed in that way?

edit: I found this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custom...ises_equipment which I believe confirms my earlier theory of connecting the modem into the building splitter/box to test out the speed of the signal entering the building.
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το μέλος ron_marotta_scotia : 13-01-21 στις 01:35.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    FTTH
    Ταχύτητα
    110000/11000
    ISP
    Cosmote
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΤΕΡΨΙΘΕΑ
    Router
    Fritz!Box 7590
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από ron_marotta_scotia Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Thank you very much for the advice!

I just want to clarify, when you say phone junction box, you mean the phone junction box inside of the building? Not the local cabinet/DSLAM, correct? Also I'm not sure what cpe means, do you mean connecting the router straight into the box and testing the internet speed in that way?
    Correct, the junction box inside the building:

[cabinet/dslam]--provider/dsl-->[local junction box]----local cabling-->[apartments].

The isp is responsible for the network (and its issues) up to the junction box.
    The landlord/subscriber for everything after that.

By testing the cpe on the junction box, you remove the local cabling variable.
    It's an easy way to locate problems, and you don't need special equipment.

If the conn. speed/stats measure ok on the junction box (or at least way better/faster) you know that you do have issues with the local cabling.
    Those issues are up to you (or the landlord's) to rectify.

If the connection has the same issues at the junction box the problem is on the upstream network and you have to contact the isp for support.
    In that case you might still have problems with the local cabling... but one problem at the time.

CPE = Customer premises equipment.
    The all-in-one (modem+router+wifi ap+pbx+whatever) terminal/box the isp will supply for it's service.
    So, yes, basically the router.
    So, start by testing the router on the junction box and see how it goes.
    Disclaimer:
    Any views or opinions expressed represent the official view of the voices in my head.

Περιοχή
    GR
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    Other / Άλλο
    Ταχύτητα
    Ftth:500/50 & 4G:95/45.
    ISP
    Nova & Cosmote.
    DSLAM
    Wind - ΚΕΡΑΜΕΙΚΟΣ
    Router
    HG8145V5 & Mr6500v.
    The low upstream speed, strange upstream attenuation and the crc errors show that something is not ok with the cabling..
    Exactly as K1m0n has said..
    You should find an electrician if you dont know how to do the test with the cpe directly connected to the phone junction box of your building..
    If you try to attempt to do this on your own, proceed with extreme caution (or with the help of an electrician) if you dont know what you are doing as you may do damage to other people's cabling down there..
    If you decide to call an electrician just ask him to find the cable that comes from your house down there and simply connect the cpe(router) there directly to see the statistics of the line.. Take a screenshot and post it here..
    *Just out of clear curiosity, the isp didn't send a technician to check the speed at the junction box of your building?
    They usually do this.. But first they do some checks over the phone..
    If they find something wrong at your house, they tell you to fix it before anything else..
    Also as K1m0n has said, you should talk to your landlord if there is something wrong with the house's cabling, after verifying this with the junction box test..
    *The junction box will look like this:
    https://www.insomnia.gr/images/adslguide/adsl3.jpg
    Or this..
    https://www.michanikos.gr/uploads/mo...659d86d169.jpg
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το μέλος GregoirX23 : 16-01-21 στις 22:35.
    -GOVERNMENT ECONOMIST VIRUS: Nothing works, but all your diagnostic software says everything is fine. :x

Tags για αυτό το Θέμα