102400/10240
    ISP
    Forthnet
    DSLAM
    Forthnet - ΒΟΥΛΑ
    Router
    Huawei_DG8245V-10
    Cool
    Well after another dose of headaches due to my router being burned out by a lightning strike, I decided to write this in English for foreigners with some things you want to know regarding telephone and internet services.

If you are wondering why I say, another dose, it is because forthnet left me without telephone and internet services for about 25 days.
    Don't even think of sending a complaint to the EETT because all they did was to send the complaint to forthnet who answered it by post.

It has taken about 8 days to get back online due to the hassle of trying to get forthnet to do what needs to be done, and for them to give me a new router.

OTE techs came and reset the connection at the box on the street. If you switch from 24 mbps otherwise known as dual play or triple play service to a newer service such as 50 or 100 mbps or fiber then you will be connected to a NETWORK SWITCH that can theoretically be controlled by a technician at the office. I say theoretically because sometimes they will have to go to the box like after a lightning strike since they do not have any UPS or lightning filters to protect the lines.

Here is what I learned from OTE techs, they have the 100 and 200 mbps lines and forthnet leases their 100 mbps line. Forthnet currently only has up to 50 mbps.

Also, the techs told me that all new lines will be using voip sip telephone technology, in other words virtual phone lines. This was information that forthnet does not advertise.

As the box on the corner known as kafkow, a German word in origin, does not have a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) it means that when there is a black out in your area your telephone and internet will not work until the power comes back on.

Cosmote of course holds the keys to the OTE lines. Additionally, cosmote and forthnet are the only companies that have their own lines and comms equipment, all the others lease the lines from cosmote.

Lastly, forthnet does not count Saturday and Sunday as working days in a global world!

I hope that this info helps.

Περιοχή
    Πετρούπολη
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    FTTH
    Ταχύτητα
    220/22
    ISP
    NOVA
    hahahahahahha ok. i just laugh

η παραπληροφορηση στο μεγαλειο της.
    καποιοι θα πρεπει να μαθουν πρωτα 5 πραγματακια σχετικα με την τεχνολογια και μετα να προσπαθουν να σπιλωσουν τον παροχο.
    The gr81 .

Περιοχή
    ΒΟΥΛΑ
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    VDSL2
    Ταχύτητα
    102400/10240
    ISP
    Forthnet
    DSLAM
    Forthnet - ΒΟΥΛΑ
    Router
    Huawei_DG8245V-10
    Δεν καταλαβα τι θελεις να πεις;

Περιοχή
    Πολίχνη Θεσσαλονίκης
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    FTTH
    Ταχύτητα
    500/50
    ISP
    Nova
    DSLAM
    Wind - ΒΑΡΝΑΣ
    Router
    Draytek 2862n-ZYXEL 8623
    Χωρίς να θέλω να μειώσω την ταλαιπωρία που μπορεί να πέρασες να γράψω κάποια πράγματα που πιθανών δεν έχεις καταλάβει καλά.
    Κατ' αρχάς κανένα UPS ή αντικεραυνικό δεν καλύπτει 100% έναν κεραυνό. Στην πραγματικότητα οι πιθανότητες να σωθούν μηχανήματα αν ένας κεραυνός πέσει πολύ κοντά σου πάνω σε γραμμή τηλεφώνου ή ρεύματος είναι πολύ μικρές.
    Προφανώς ο ενεργός εξοπλισμός της καμπίνας μπορεί να ρυθμιστεί απομακρυσμένα αλλά αν καεί κάποιο μηχάνημα, πρέπει να πάει υποχρεωτικά άνθρωπος για να το αντικαταστήσει και να κάνει το βασικό του setup.
    Τώρα όσον αφορά τους παρόχους. Τηλεφωνία και Internet στην Ελλάδα μέσω χαλκού προσφέρουν οι εξής εταιρίες: cosmote, vodafone, wind και Forthnet.
    ADSL Internet (έως 24Mbps) παρέχουν και οι 4 από δικό τους εξοπλισμό που είναι συνήθως εγκατεστημένος στα κέντρα (ΑΚ) του ΟΤΕ και όλοι χρησιμοποιούν τον χαλκό που ανήκει και διαχειρίζεται ο ΟΤΕ μόνο.
    Το VDSL (50, 100, 200 Mbps) παρέχεται είτε από τα ΑΚ σε όσους είναι κοντά σε αυτά είτε από τις νέες καμπίνες που έχουν εγκατασταθεί στου δρόμους. Κάθε περιοχή την έχει αναλάβει μόνο ένας πάροχος εκ των cosmote, wind και vodafone. H forthnet δεν έχει εγκαταστήσει πουθενά δικό της εξοπλισμό VDSL (καμπίνες) αλλά αγοράζει γραμμές από τους υπόλοιπους. Σε κάθε περίπτωση το κομμάτι χαλκού από την καμπίνα έως το σπίτι το διαχειρίζεται ο ΟΤΕ.

Αυτά φιλικά και όσο πιο σύντομα μπορούσα.