ISP
    Cosmote VDSL - 5G
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - Ν. ΦΙΛΑΔΕΛΦΕΙΑ
    Router
    UntangleVM on esxi
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από pranav Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Hi all this is a very informative forum, sorry for not responding in Greek

I have the unbranded version of this modem in the UK, however of late it keeps loosing connect and reconnects. I dont know what the problem could be, first I thought it was a heat issue, but is also happening in the evening.
    My signal strength looks fine and what I see is it drops 5G goes to 4G and then connects to a diffrent tower with a lower signal and then reconnects to the current tower.

Any thought what the problem could be? Also whenever I try and do an LTE Cell Lock using the application it says failure.

Συνημμένο Αρχείο 239554
    Welcome

Where do you have the router? I suppose inside the house, can you try to put it in a different place?
    There has been some users that had exchanged this modern because it had troubles with the Ethernet port but i don't remember anyone having your problem.
    I suppose you are in the middle of 2 antenna's and the router behaves like this.
    I don't know in your place the channels but in Greece to achieve the best speeds, we choose only B1, B7 and B3 frequencies. Try to see when is connected to the lower speed antenna, the frequency and then disable this specific frequency.
    There's no substitute for experience
    CorollaClub

Περιοχή
    Πάτρα
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    Cosmote
    Router
    Mikrotik Chateau 5G
    Hi all this is a very informative forum, sorry for not responding in Greek

I have the unbranded version of this modem in the UK, however of late it keeps loosing connect and reconnects. I dont know what the problem could be, first I thought it was a heat issue, but is also happening in the evening.
    My signal strength looks fine and what I see is it drops 5G goes to 4G and then connects to a diffrent tower with a lower signal and then reconnects to the current tower.
    I do not think it is an over heating issue as the modem temperature is better 40 c and 50 C

Any thought what the problem could be? Also whenever I try and do an LTE Cell Lock using the application it says failure.

Συνημμένο Αρχείο 239554
    This may occur if a carrier problem exists. Here in Greece we also see the same behaviour with Vodafone. Try the same sim card on an android phone and check if it also happens there. This is happening because of bad cell tower design and bad settings by technicians. There is a lower chance that it might be a problem of this modem.

You can either switch carriers or try the same SIM card on a 5G smartphone

- - - Updated - - -

As blue Chris said you also need to stay away of using the Ethernet port and only use WiFi so that we can be sure it’s not an Ethernet problem and it is indeed an lte problem. I bet it’s a carrier problem tho as it’s very common here in Greece. Try to place the router near a window or the terrace of your house to check if it’s a reception problem. Also check the time of the disconnects. If they are happening on specific parts of the day carriers might shut down specific frequencies to save energy…

Περιοχή
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    ADSL2+
    Ταχύτητα
    10gbit/10gbit
    ISP
    HOL
    Router
    Netfaster IAD 2
    SNR / Attn
    0.1(dB) / 0.1(dB)
    Path Level
    Fastpath
    Also, you could check if there's a firmware update available for the device.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    Vodafone
    Thanks for responding!

I am also on Vodafone here in the UK and I can see the signal drop from 5G to 4G and then the modem picks up a different tower and then switches to the closer one. so its not the Ethernet port
    The strange thing is that this behavior started very recently and I have only noticed it when there is hot weather outside. I am not sure if there is any logging that I can turn on to see what's happening.

If it is because of the antenna issue, then would locking the tower help?

Περιοχή
    Άγιοι Ανάργυροι
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    VDSL2
    Ταχύτητα
    100/10 - 600/120
    ISP
    Cosmote VDSL - 5G
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - Ν. ΦΙΛΑΔΕΛΦΕΙΑ
    Router
    UntangleVM on esxi
    Thanks for responding!

I am also on Vodafone here in the UK and I can see the signal drop from 5G to 4G and then the modem picks up a different tower and then switches to the closer one. so its not the Ethernet port
    The strange thing is that this behavior started very recently and I have only noticed it when there is hot weather outside. I am not sure if there is any logging that I can turn on to see what's happening.

If it is because of the antenna issue, then would locking the tower help?
    Offcourse this will help and even better if you can lock to the cell.
    CorollaClub

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    Vodafone
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από BlueChris Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Offcourse this will help and even better if you can lock to the cell.
    Thanks! but how do I do it? Whenever I try and put in the tower PCI it says failed to update the config. Do I need to disconnect the internet and then do it?

Περιοχή
    Άγιοι Ανάργυροι
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    VDSL2
    Ταχύτητα
    100/10 - 600/120
    ISP
    Cosmote VDSL - 5G
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - Ν. ΦΙΛΑΔΕΛΦΕΙΑ
    Router
    UntangleVM on esxi
    Thanks! but how do I do it? Whenever I try and put in the tower PCI it says failed to update the config. Do I need to disconnect the internet and then do it?
    Sorry i havent done it and i sold my only ZTE router but there are people here that had done it so they will reply shortly.
    CorollaClub

Περιοχή
    Πάτρα
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    Cosmote
    Router
    Mikrotik Chateau 5G
    Vodafone might switch you from one cell tower that’s congested to another one that’s not as much as the first one. You should try another carrier that’s not running on Vodafone’s network. I thing that Vodafone generally sucks around Europe due to bad design and it’s not just an isolated problem on our country. Cell lock might not help you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    Cosmote
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από zx9999 Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    δυστυχώς έχω κι εγώ πρόβλημα με το καλώδιο δικτύου.
    μέχρι τώρα σκάλωνε ανά 2-4 μέρες, από σήμερα με σύνδεση ethernet έχω τρομερά μεγάλο Ping στο τοπικό δίκτυο προς το mu5001
    με usb και wifi δουλεύει κανονικά
    ούτε η επαναφορά βοήθησε

μετα απο πολλες δοκιμες ειδα οτι το μοντεμ σκαλωνε οταν υπηρχαν πολλα conections
    το εβαλα σε bridge mode και το συνδεσα σε ενα openwrt router που εχω
    ολα καλά εκει απο θεμα πολλων connections αλλα εχει μικρη ταχυτητα λογω πιθανως μικρης cpu στο openwrt
    οταν φερνω την ip στο pc ολα δουλευουν τελεια, και πολλα conections και μεγαλη ταχυτητα

Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    FTTH
    Ταχύτητα
    500/50 + 250/80
    ISP
    Ote/Vodafone
    Router
    Pf plus/nokia - mu5001 5G
    Στο ιδιο συμπερασμα εχω καταληξει και γω. Οταν πεσει πανω σε pfsense, ολα πανε καλα.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    Μπορεί να βοηθήσει κάποιος πως το βάζουμε σε bridge και τι settings θέλει στο wan στο pfsense ή sophos xg ?

Ότι και να έκανα δεν πήρα ποτέ ip στον ρούτερ (μπορεί να φταίει βέβαια ότι παίζω και με vlans και router in a stick σε VM)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    FTTH
    Ταχύτητα
    500/50 + 250/80
    ISP
    Ote/Vodafone
    Router
    Σε bridge το βαζεις με το προγραμματακι που θα βρεις στο thread, απο το gdrive.
    Στο pf επιλεγεις dhcp, κανεις και κανενα disable enable το interface, και θα παιξει.
    Τα vlans δεν ενοχλουν, φτανει η πορτα που μιλαει σε φυσικο επιπεδο με το zte να ειναι utagged και στο vlan που θες για να παιξει το interface.
    Πρωτου ομως παλεψεις με το bridge, θα πρεπει παλι να παιζει με dhcp και κανονικο nat.

Ομως στη πραξη διαπιστωσα οτι το bridge mode εχει θεματα με παραλληλη χρηση απο wifi.
    Η και σκετη.
    Αν ειναι σε bridge mode και συνδεθουν διαφοροι απο wifi, τρωει περιεργα σκαλωματα.
    Αντιθετα σε κανονικο, ολα πανε σφαιρα.
    Αφου ετσι κιαλλιως δινει cgnat ip's δεν βλεπω το λογο για bridge mode.
    Σε cosmote, δινει και ipv6 στα devices παραμεσα, οποτε εκει δεν εχει nat.
    firewalled βεβαια, και επιπλεον δινει μονο /64, οπότε πισω απο pf αχρηστο ειναι και αυτο.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Αυτό που παρατήρησα είναι ότι, αφού το βάλεις σε bridge mode, αλλά και κάθε φορά που το κάνεις restart, πρέπει να κάνεις restart και τον router για να πάρει την εξωτερική ip. Μάλλον, κατά την εκκίνησή του, το zte διαβάζει "καθυστερημένα" το flag για το bridge mode, και μέχρι να το ενεργοποιήσει έχει ήδη προλάβει ο router και έχει πάρει lan ip.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    FTTH
    Ταχύτητα
    500/50 + 250/80
    ISP
    Ote/Vodafone
    Router
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από alexISS Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Αυτό που παρατήρησα είναι ότι, αφού το βάλεις σε bridge mode, αλλά και κάθε φορά που το κάνεις restart, πρέπει να κάνεις restart και τον router για να πάρει την εξωτερική ip. Μάλλον, κατά την εκκίνησή του, το zte διαβάζει "καθυστερημένα" το flag για το bridge mode, και μέχρι να το ενεργοποιήσει έχει ήδη προλάβει ο router και έχει πάρει lan ip.
    Δεν νομιζω οτι ισχυει αυτο. Ο router cachaρει την ip απο πριν και δεν μπαινει στη διαδικασια να την ξαναζητησει επειδη ειναι με dhcp. Σε αντιθεση με το ppp το dhcp σε wan εχει τετοια συμπεριφορα.
    Με το restart, ξανακανει τη διαδικασια. Το ιδιο γινεται με το disable/enable του interface

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    Ok θα το δοκιμάσω ξανά αν και τα έκανα όλα αυτά και δεν πήρε ποτέ ip.

Με usb lan έπαιξε μια χαρά οπότε θα κοιτάξω ξανά και τα vlans

Σελ. 24 από 68 ΠρώτηΠρώτη ... 414192223242526293444 ... ΤελευταίαΤελευταία