Εμφάνιση 1-12 από 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In the last few days I have had people calling me but the answering service answered right away, even if I had my ATA or softphone registered at the time. Has anybody else had this problem? Combined this with the fact that I cannot even login to my hol account, I think it is time to switch to a (paid) Altec service. Hopefully, that will be more reliable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    ADSL2+ HOL Shared
    Ταχύτητα
    3,6 Mbps / 0,5 Mbps
    ISP
    HOL
    DSLAM
    HOL - ΑΡΗΣ
    Router
    FBF WLAN 7050
    SNR / Attn
    8(dB) / 38(dB)
    I assume you cannot make outgoing calls either?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από maxorfo Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    I assume you cannot make outgoing calls either?
    I cannot tell for sure, since there is no any credit to this account.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    ADSL2+ HOL Shared
    Ταχύτητα
    3,6 Mbps / 0,5 Mbps
    ISP
    HOL
    DSLAM
    HOL - ΑΡΗΣ
    Router
    FBF WLAN 7050
    SNR / Attn
    8(dB) / 38(dB)
    Problem has already been reported by other users (http://www.adslgr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206169). The answer HOL has given to one of them was that eVoice users are henceforth required to have an internet subscription with them. It seems that HOL, one way or another, mean to substantially reduce the number of users who have subscribed to their VoIP services.

According to editor yianniscan (http://www.adslgr.com/forum/showpost...51&postcount=8), a query has been submitted to HOL since May 27th, regarding their policy on this issue, yet HOL's response has not been received so far.

I think it's time to switch to i-call too.

Περιοχή
    Όπου υπάρχει bandwidth
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We still haven't gotten any reply to the query we sent to them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, it seems my hol account is back and running. It had been de-activated for some reason, got a related email four (!) months later and after I talked to them, it is now re-activated. For the non-ringing problem, it might have been my problem (which may have been caused by some change by the hol service). I noticed in my PAP2T that the time interval for registration was 1800 seconds for hol, while it was 60 seconds for callcentric (my other voip provider). I do not recall having setting them at all. I changed the hol setting to 60 seconds, and now it works as charm.

Well, I thought it may help someone.

PS. During this period, I thought of switching to i-Call. I did open an account there, but they too have this awkward way of payment, so, I did not pursue it further. At least, at hol, I do not have to put any money into my account (yet), in order to keep my number active.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    ADSL2+ HOL Shared
    Ταχύτητα
    3,6 Mbps / 0,5 Mbps
    ISP
    HOL
    DSLAM
    HOL - ΑΡΗΣ
    Router
    FBF WLAN 7050
    SNR / Attn
    8(dB) / 38(dB)
    This is good news, but 4 months is way too long

Περιοχή
    Όπου υπάρχει bandwidth
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If paying by Paypal is awkward, then you haven't even tried funding an account with MoneyBookers. Major PITA, especially in Greece, Canada, and the USA.

By the way, how are you paying for the Callcentric's DID and termination? I hope you are not exposing your credit card info.

i-Call is one of few services in Greece which accepts payment through Paypal, and even credits your account with 0,5€ for every transaction of 5€. This is one of the truly nice features of the service, so let's give credit where credit is due.
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το μέλος yianniscan : 17-08-08 στις 12:13.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από yianniscan Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    By the way, how are you paying for the Callcentric's DID and termination? I hope you are not exposing your credit card info.
    Well, as a matter of fact yes, they do have my credit card info, so I do not enter it on every transaction. I have not seen any fraudulent transaction sp far (about a year?). Do you have any reasons for being concerned?

As for Paypal, I have not looked at what i-call asks for payments through that, as I do not have paypal. And yes, I do know about the 10% bonus.

Περιοχή
    Όπου υπάρχει bandwidth
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not suggesting that Callcentric will execute any unauthorized transactions, far from it, since they seem to be a very reputable vendor, but so was TJMax until last year when they misplaced their credit card records. I try to use Paypal, whenever I can to avoid these mishaps.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/19/bu...EdGZjjKvMq+ZNA
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το μέλος yianniscan : 17-08-08 στις 12:13.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από yianniscan Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    I am not suggesting that Callcentric will execute any unauthorized transactions, far from it, since they seem to be a very reputable vendor, but so was TJMax until last year when they misplaced their credit card records. I try to use Paypal, whenever I can to avoid these mishaps.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/19/bu...EdGZjjKvMq+ZNA
    Yes, I know this TJMax mishap, but, I have paid myriads of vendors through my credit cards , so I cannot be that selective. I do stay away though from most of online vendors, unless, they are somehow 'reputable', something that Callcentric seems to be.

Now for credit card fraud, this is the reason they charge 19% or so, because they take the risk upon themselves, don't they? BTW, I never use my debit card, of course.

I am not that familiar with paypal.... Is it more secure? Perhaps, I can have a credit card with a very low limit and use that one for paypal. That may be safer, or is it?

Περιοχή
    Όπου υπάρχει bandwidth
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I trust Paypal, especially since they were acquired by eBay. Paypal allows you to pay an increasing amount of vendors, without exposing your financial information. Look into it, it's worth it.