Εμφάνιση 1-5 από 5
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    Hello Everybody, kalimera se olous,

Hope someone will be able to answer here to my problem.
    First of all, I'm french from Paris, and have bought a house in your beautiful country.
    I have internet with OTE and they gave me a Huawei HG520c router.

I decided to buy a security camera, in fact I want to see the beautiful view of my terrace from Paris.

So I decided to configure my router in order to administrate my router from Paris.... I can't, and I don't know why.
    So I hope that someone would be able to tell me what is wrong in my router. This is now 2 weeks I try to configure it, I have read tons of subjects on various forums ...

I really think my first problem is to open the router "to the world". Because everything works fine when I'm in local mode.

What I did :
    - Disable the FireWall
    - Disable the "SPI"

- Activated A virtual server ( 85 85 192.168.1.50 85 85 ) which is my Camera static local ip: it works in local

First I would like to be able to administrate my router from Paris, for example, but When I type the http://94.65.xxx.yyy of the moment (my OTE ip address), nothing happens.
    Because I'm sure that if I can "ping" my router, then I would be able to administrate also my Camera.

If someone has a step-by-step list I could check in order to open my router, it would be great.

Thanks a lot, I'm waiting to hearing from you.

Cyril.

P.S : For the little story, I called the 13888 in order to have information on the router, and they were not able to help me. Only help to configure the wifi or connection problem to internet.

Περιοχή
    Λαγονήσι
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    VDSL2
    Ταχύτητα
    49999/4999
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΛΑΓΟΝΗΣΙ
    Router
    Cisco RV042
    SNR / Attn
    9(dB) / 15(dB)
    Path Level
    Fastpath
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από EmaiGallos Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Hello Everybody, kalimera se olous,

Hope someone will be able to answer here to my problem.
    First of all, I'm french from Paris, and have bought a house in your beautiful country.
    I have internet with OTE and they gave me a Huawei HG520c router.

I decided to buy a security camera, in fact I want to see the beautiful view of my terrace from Paris.

So I decided to configure my router in order to administrate my router from Paris.... I can't, and I don't know why.
    So I hope that someone would be able to tell me what is wrong in my router. This is now 2 weeks I try to configure it, I have read tons of subjects on various forums ...

I really think my first problem is to open the router "to the world". Because everything works fine when I'm in local mode.

What I did :
    - Disable the FireWall
    - Disable the "SPI"

- Activated A virtual server ( 85 85 192.168.1.50 85 85 ) which is my Camera static local ip: it works in local

First I would like to be able to administrate my router from Paris, for example, but When I type the http://94.65.xxx.yyy of the moment (my OTE ip address), nothing happens.
    Because I'm sure that if I can "ping" my router, then I would be able to administrate also my Camera.

If someone has a step-by-step list I could check in order to open my router, it would be great.

Thanks a lot, I'm waiting to hearing from you.

Cyril.

P.S : For the little story, I called the 13888 in order to have information on the router, and they were not able to help me. Only help to configure the wifi or connection problem to internet.
    Dear Cyril,

Probably the first reason that you can't connect to your camera is, in fact, simple and reasonal. You don't have an static ip, which means that in every disconnect and/or power failure your OTE connection looses its IP.
    Secondly, you must connect by using also the port of the camera as you have set it.
    Third, you must go at my.otenet.gr enter your user name and password and change the security of your connection to low level because OTE by default is blocking port 85 and a hole bunch of ports

- - - Updated - - -

actually first try the third option...

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    "Probably the first reason that you can't connect to your camera is, in fact, simple and reasonal. You don't have an static ip, which means that in every disconnect and/or power failure your OTE connection looses its IP."Well in fact I know, and always check my current public ip address before trying
    "Secondly, you must connect by using also the port of the camera as you have set it." I put http://xxx.yyy.zzz.ttt:85 if it is what you mean, but ... no answer
    "Third, you must go at my.otenet.gr enter your user name and password and change the security of your connection to low level because OTE by default is blocking port 85 and a hole bunch of ports" I will try that, yes i think this is my real problem. Thank you for your quick and advised answer.
    Cyril

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Pokas,

I would like to thank you. You were right : the third point was the problem. I did what you said : on my.otenet.gr I changed my security level and ... it works !!! I can see my Ip Cam from Paris now. I don't have to mind about my Public IP, thanks to the built-in DDNS in it.

Hope this will help the others who have problems to configure their router with OTE.

Cyril.

Περιοχή
    Λαγονήσι
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Τύπος
    VDSL2
    Ταχύτητα
    49999/4999
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    DSLAM
    ΟΤΕ - ΛΑΓΟΝΗΣΙ
    Router
    Cisco RV042
    SNR / Attn
    9(dB) / 15(dB)
    Path Level
    Fastpath
    Glad to hear that!
    Hope this cam shows a spectacular view!

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISP
    ΟΤΕ Conn-x
    Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα από Pokas Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Glad to hear that!
    Hope this cam shows a spectacular view!
    Yes sure : here is Snapshot taken from Paris : You can see Angistri Island From my house on Aegina (Marathonas)

Πατήστε στην εικόνα για να τη δείτε σε μεγέθυνση. 

Όνομα:  E8ABFA1914B0(Marathonas)_e20130805091404.jpg 
Εμφανίσεις:  6 
Μέγεθος:  31,5 KB 
ID: 127260

Παρόμοια Θέματα

1. HUAWEI HG520C
    Από konmi στο φόρουμ COSMΟΤΕ
    Τελευταίο Μήνυμα: 12-04-13, 13:29
  2. EchoLife HG520c ( HUAWEI ) Qos Setup
    Από _mpampinos_ στο φόρουμ ADSL
    Τελευταίο Μήνυμα: 22-02-13, 15:58
  3. EchoLife HG520c Lan-WLAN bridge
    Από SpyrusTheVirus στο φόρουμ Networking
    Τελευταίο Μήνυμα: 15-12-12, 16:50
  4. [Huawei] Huawei hg520c port forward prolem
    Από ManosLegakis στο φόρουμ ADSL & Broadband Hardware, routers και modems...
    Τελευταίο Μήνυμα: 14-11-12, 00:57
  5. Πρόβλημα με Huawei Echolife HG520c
    Από bobis στο φόρουμ Wireless Networking
    Τελευταίο Μήνυμα: 07-10-12, 03:08